RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 3 Solutions (Squares and Square Roots)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3 – Squares and Square Roots consist of all the essential concepts that have been dealt with in the chapter. The chapter deals with concepts like prime factorization, a grouping of factors, division method for finding square roots, decomposition method etc. These concepts will further help you higher classes when you will study complex concepts of physics and mathematics.
RD Sharma Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions consists of 9 exercises with 114 questions. These exercises include last digit observations, derivation of prime factors, true and false questions etc. These questions aim at providing a stronghold on the fundamentals of the chapter and a thorough revision of the same.
The solutions for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ have been formulated by our subject experts who have prominent experience in the field. We aim at providing engaging and student-friendly learning to you. With our guidance and assistance, you can plan your studies and clarify all your doubts in one place. With our stepwise solutions to RD Sharma problems for this chapter, nothing can stop you from scoring high in your exams.
Important Topics of RD Sharma Class 8 Solutions for Chapter 3 – Squares and Square Roots
Squares and Square roots
As the name of the chapter suggests, you will begin the chapter with an introduction about squares which are the products of a number multiplied by its own self. For example, 4 is the square of 2 as when 2 is multiplied by 2 the answer is four.
For a given number, the square root is the number which when multiplied to itself gives the value that is being observed. For example, 2 is the square root of 4. In this chapter, you also have a table for the squares of the first twenty digits. It is also advisable to learn the table in order to simplify calculations.
In this chapter, you will learn about the factorization method which is used to determine the square root for any given number. In this case, you are required to factorize a value and list down its prime factors.
On pairing these factors, if the pairs are even and easily grouped in twos then the number is a perfect square. In case if the pairing is not successful then the number is said to be an imperfect square. This method has been used in numerous questions in the chapter.
The chapter also discusses other methods of finding square roots of a number like the division method which is also used to derive the square root of a given number. These are very important questions and need some practice to gain command on them.
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 3 – Squares and Square Roots
- The first exercise consists of 13 questions. This exercise is easy in terms of the calculations that have been used in solving the questions.
- The exercise begins with a very simple problem which has six subparts. Here you are given the square of a number and you are required to find the square root of it.
- The exercise has many more factorization and grouping-based questions.
- The second exercise begins with a question having four subparts. Here you are required to determine whether the numbers are perfect squares or not, based on their last digit.
- This exercise is comparatively easier.
- The third exercise has a few complex questions.
- There are questions where you have to find the value of the variables.
- There are questions in which you have to find the square roots by visual method, identities, and diagonal method.
- The fourth exercise contains questions which include prime factorization and pairing.
- These questions are very important from the examination point of view and will help you increase your score in your paper.
- The exercise contains division based derivation of square roots, which again is an important concept.
- The fifth exercise comprises of values whose square roots have to be derived with the use of division method. There are a total of 18 questions in the exercise.
- The sixth exercise deals with fractional values and you are required to simplify then in order to find their square roots.
- The seventh exercise has a total of 18 questions.
- These questions deal with decimal values and you are required to use the long division method to find the square roots of these values.
- Exercise 3.8 also has similar questions as Exercise 3.7.
- The questions in these exercises require you to provide answers until a particular decimal value as mentioned in the questions.
- The last exercise has a total of 23 questions. It includes word problems and uses all the different methods of finding squares and square roots learnt in the chapter to solve them.
- Overall all the exercises and questions will help you in polishing your concepts from the chapter and preparing well for your exams.
Benefits of Instasolv’s Solution for RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 3 – Squares and Square Roots
- Instasolv’s solutions for RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Chapter 3 – Squares and Square Roots cover all the problems in a stepwise manner so that you learn the fundamental and logic applied behind every answer.
- Our solutions help you in experiencing self-sufficient learning in a stress-free manner.
- We have ensured that all your doubts are carefully tackled and you do not struggle in finding various sources to clear them.
- Our solutions are based on the guidelines from the updated CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus.
- We have not left a single question from chapter unattended.
- You will have all the necessary material required for your exam preparation in the solutions formulated by our experts.