RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 9 Solutions (Linear Equation In One Variable)
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 9 ‘Linear Equations in One Variable’ covers all the core details from the chapter. The chapter includes concepts like transposing values, linear expressions, power of expressions etc. The chapter has tackled numerous topics in a detailed manner along with theory explanations and detailed step-wise examples to simplify the course of learning for you.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 9 ‘Linear Equations in One Variable’ has 4 exercises and around 87 questions. These exercises have different types of questions like word problems, simplification questions, verification-based problems, fractional calculations, etc. All of these questions play a great role in providing careful revisions of the chapter and strengthening all the basics learnt from it.
Our team of subject matter experts has ensured that all of the solutions are provided with excellent guidance and help you in inculcating all the concepts of the chapter. Instasolv’s solutions for RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 9 ‘Linear Equations in One Variable’ will help you in your course of learning with good study material and to-the-point solutions. We believe in imparting knowledge without pressure and turning your learning experience into an enriching and fruitful one.
Important Topics of RD Sharma Class 8 Solutions for Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable
- In Chapter 9 ‘Linear Equations in One Variable’ of RD Sharma Class 8 book, you will learn about algebraic equations and their characteristics.
- You will also get to know about the fact that the difference between equations and expressions is the equality sign which is missing in case of expression and present in case of an equation.
- When any of expression having more than a single variable is linear in character it has its highest power of variable as 1.
- Such expressions are referred to as linear expressions. For example, 2x + 1 is a linear expression.
- In this chapter, you will be introduced to the methods of solving equations with values on both the ends. This process is known as reducing equations.
- In case of such equations, you are required to condense them to a certain point after which they can not be solved further.
- One of the kinds of reduction is reducing to their simpler form. Another kind of reduction is a reduction to the linear form. There are many examples in the chapter which revolve around this concept.
- The chapter also has a number of exercises which make use of this method to derive answers.
Transposing The Values
- You will also learn about the process of transposing values to either side of the equation for the purpose of simplifying it in this chapter.
- This means that in the course of solving an equation you can either transfer the value from the left side to the right side by altering its sign from positive to negative or vice versa.
- If the value was multiplying on one side, it will get transferred in the denominator when we rearrange it to the other side of the equation.
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable
- The first exercise has a total of 13 questions.
- It beings with simple questions where the given equation has a variable y and you are required to solve the equation in order to obtain the value for y.
- After solving the question you are also required to verify whether the equation stands true to the criteria of LHS being equal to RHS.
- The second exercise has 24 questions which are a bit complicated in terms of calculation.
- Here you will encounter decimal values in the simplification questions.
- In some of the questions, you have to make use of the concept of multiplying a digit on both sides of the equations in order to simplify it.
- The exercise has a total of 24 questions.
- It includes equations which are supposed to be solved by using methods of transposition and value transfer.
- The last exercise has a total of 27 questions.
- All the questions in this exercise are word problems and tackle different units like speed, distance, length etc. to teach you the applications of Linear Equations in One Variable.
- For example, question number 25 deals with the length and breadth of a rectangle.
- The exercise also has questions based on the velocity of a boat in upstream and downstream river flow and connects them with the concept of linear equations.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 8 Solutions Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable by Instasolv
- At instasolv, we have an expert team of experienced individuals from the field. They have organized our solutions for RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable in an easy to understand manner.
- Our solutions for RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable has all the important study material from the chapter compiled at one place.
- We make sure that you get enough confidence to answer any kind of question which can be framed from the chapter.
- Instasolv’s team has ensured that all the answers are strictly based on the guidelines that have been laid down by the latest Class 8 Maths CBSE syllabus.
- The best thing about Instasolv’s solutions for RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 9 – Linear Equations in One Variable is that they are absolutely FREE!