RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions Number System (Chapter 1)
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions for Chapter 1 have been prepared in order to assist you in grasping the core concepts of the number systems. In this chapter, you will learn what makes irrational numbers different from a rational number. Other topics that are covered in this chapter of RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions are converting a real number into a decimal number, representation of rational numbers on the number line and operations on real numbers. Clear knowledge of number systems will build a strong base to identify complex numbers in your higher classes. This topic is vital for scoring good marks in a number of competitive exams.
There are 21 questions comprehensively covering all the topics compiled in 6 exercises. The questions are of varying types from true or false questions to numerical problems. By solving these exercise questions, you will learn to manage your time effectively in the high-pressure environment of the exam hall. The questions are organised to help you test your understanding about number systems comprehensively. One of the biggest challenges that students of your level face are the representation of complicated real numbers on the number line. You will find a step by step guide at Instasolv addressing such frequently occurring doubts.
You can now avail instant help anytime you get stuck while solving the RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 1 exercise questions. Our expert team of maths have prepared the answers with an objective to make sure that you get all your queries sorted at one place. Such an approach will increase your self-study efficiency and will instil a sense of confidence in your attitude towards maths. Instasolv platform will ensure in making maths an engaging and interesting subject.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 1: Number Systems
Introduction to Number Systems
- Whole Numbers: The set of numbers beginning from 0 to infinite is known as whole numbers. This set is denoted by W.
- Natural Numbers: The set of all the numbers beginning from 1 to infinite is known as natural numbers. This set is represented by N.
- Integers: When negative numbers up to infinity are included in the set of whole numbers, then the numbers are termed as integers. This set of numbers is denoted by Z.
- Rational Numbers: Any number that can be represented in the form of where both the numerator p and denominator q are integers andq0, then the number is termed as a rational number. Such a set of numbers is denoted by Q. Note that there are infinitely many numbers between any 2 given rational numbers.
When the number s that can not be written in the form of where both the numerator p and denominator q are integers and q ≠ 0, then such a number is termed as an irrational number. Non-recurring and non-terminating decimals are examples of irrational numbers.
The set of rational and irrational numbers constitute together to form a set of real numbers as a whole which is denoted by R.
It should be noted that all real numbers can be represented on the number line using a distinct point or vice versa- all the points on the real number line represent a distinct real number.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 1: Number Systems
- Exercise 1.1 is a beginner level exercise consisting of 5 questions. You will be required to find numbers between two given numbers in this exercise. There are also true or false exercises in 1.1.
- In exercise 1.2, you will learn to express rational numbers into decimals. The exercise is based on non-terminating recurring decimal numbers and terminating decimal numbers.
- Exercise 1.3 comprises of 2 detailed questions on converting decimal numbers into format.
- In exercise 1.4 you will have to write the definition of irrational numbers. The 5 questions in this exercise are based on the identification of rational and irrational numbers and representation of rational numbers in decimal form.
- Exercise 1.5 is based on the representation of terminating decimal numbers on the number line. This exercise also consists of one-word answer questions and fill in the blanks exercises.
- In exercise 1.6, you will learn to represent non-terminating decimal numbers on the real number line.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 1: Number Systems by Instasolv
- At Instasolv, the solutions are mentioned in a simplified format so that you make use of these answers in a time-efficient manner for your homework or for quick revision for your school exams.
- The platform provided by Instasolv for the RD Sharma Solutions is interactive in nature as it covers all the doubts that might arise while you are studying.
- Instasolv solutions are unique as we employ high-end technology to help you in getting all your answers through extensive research and updated trends.