RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 12 Solutions (Heron’s Formula)
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula is one of the best practice books for you if you want to score good marks in the CBSE exams. Chapter 12 of RD Sharma Solutions contains 3 exercises in total – exercise 12A, exercise 12B and the third exercise comprising VSAQs or very short answer questions. In total, there are 17 problems in RD Sharma Chapter 12. The questions are based on finding the area of triangles using Heron’s Formula. The first two exercises have short to medium length questions while in the last exercise, you have to answer the problems with very short answers.
After you have completed the chapter Heron’s Formula from your NCERT textbook, you should practice the same chapter from other supplementary books as well. This will make you well-versed with every type of question that might be asked during the examination. Maths is all about practice. The more you practice this chapter, the higher your chances of scoring well. So now that you know the importance of practising well, you might be looking for a good supplementary book. RD Sharma Chapter 12 can cater to your needs; it covers all the significant topics related to Heron’s Formula. You will come to know about different applications of Heron’s Formula.
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 can be extremely beneficial for you. Whenever you feel stuck up while solving the questions in RD Sharma chapter 12, you can refer to the solutions. The RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 will help you revise the chapter thoroughly and give you better control and grasp over the chapter. Instasolv’s RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 is a highly reliable supplementary book. All its solutions have been designed as per the guidelines of CBSE. It helps clear your doubts and queries.
Important topics for RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula
- Area of a triangle with given base and height = ½ x base x height
- Area of a triangle according to Heron’s Formula = √s(s-a) (s-b) (s-c)
- S denotes semi perimeter
- S = (a+b+c) / 2
- Also, the chapter teaches you to calculate the area of a quadrilateral whose sides and one of the diagonals is given. You can do so by dividing the quadrilateral into two triangles and then applying Heron’s Formula to find the area of the two triangles and adding them up.
Exercise discussing for RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula
- The 3 exercises of the RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 are quite short and simple.
- The first exercise 12A has just 5 questions.
- The questions are quite easy and straightforward.
- All you need to do is to put the given data into the Heron’s Formula and find the area of the triangle.
- Question 4 of exercise 12A needs you to find the area of a triangle and thereby find the altitude of the triangle.
- The fifth question has details like the perimeter of the given triangle as well as the ratio of its side. With this information, you have to find out the measurements of the sides and then the area of the triangle using the heron’s Formula.
- Exercise 12.2 has 7 questions.
- These are the questions based on finding the area of quadrilaterals.
- The first question has details like dimensions of all the sides of both the triangles, into which the quadrilateral has been divided. You have to use Heron’s Formula to find the area of both the triangles and add them up to obtain the area of the quadrilateral.
- The second, third and fourth questions consist of a quadrilateral field. Its dimensions are given. Also, the quadrilateral has been divided into a right-angled triangle and an isosceles triangle. You have to find the area of the two triangles and add them up.
- The 5th question has a trapezium with all the measurements of the sides. You are needed to find the area of the trapezium.
- The 6th question requires you to find the area of a rhombus whose perimeter and length of the diagonal are given.
- The 7th question has a rhombus. The length of its perimeter and diagonal is given. Also, the cost of painting it on both sides per m2 is given. You have to find the cost of painting.
- The VSAQ section or the third exercise has 5 questions only.
- These are very short answer type questions which you can solve within a minute or two using the Heron’s Formula effectively.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula by Instasolv
The RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula by Instasolv has been prepared by our experts, keeping in mind the difficulties you often come across.
- The solutions are simple, straightforward, and comprehendible.
- You can practice the questions on your own, at your own pace. There is no need for a tutor or teacher. You will be able to solve the problems on your own and understand the chapter thoroughly.
- Practising the sums from RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula by Instasolv will definitely give you a better edge over others and help you score the best marks.