RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 13 Solutions (Linear Equations in Two Variables)
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Linear Equations in Two Variables is your ultimate reference book for doing a thorough revision of linear equations in two variables. Chapter 13 of RD Sharma contains 5 exercises in total – 13.1, 13.2. 13.3, 13.4 and VSAQs. There are 27 problems in RD Sharma Solutions Chapter 13. The questions are based on various concepts of linear equations in two variables. You have to express equations according to the given condition. Find out solutions of the equations, find the value of k and so on.
It is highly essential that you do not limit yourself to the problems in NCERT Maths textbook. The key to scoring high in Maths is lots of practice. If you want to score well, then you have to practice different types of problems related to the chapter from different supplementary books. RD Sharma can cater to your needs. It will prepare you to face any type of question that might be asked in the examination. The chapter covers topics and concepts related to linear equations in two variables. It introduces you to the basic concepts in a clear manner.
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 can be extremely helpful for you. The problems in RD Sharma Chapter 13 can get quite overwhelming at times. You may feel stuck up and unable to crack the questions. In such a situation, you can refer to the solutions of RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 13. After completion of your NCERT Maths textbook, you can use the book for revising linear equations in two variables. Practising the problems from this book will definitely provide you good grasp over the chapter. Instalov’s RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Linear Equations in Two Variables is a highly reliable supplementary book. The solutions have been prepared by our experts as per the guidelines of CBSE. It is highly efficient in clearing your doubts and queries.
Important topics for RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 Linear Equations in Two Variables
- In RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13, you will get to know that an equation in the form of ax+by+c=0. Here, a, b and c are real numbers, a and b are not equal to zero. Such an equation is called a linear equation.
- A linear equation which has two variables can have infinitely many solutions.
- If you plot a linear equation in two variables on a graph, you will notice that it is a straight line.
- X=0 is the equation of y-axis and y=0 is the equation of x-axis.
- You will notice that the graph of x=a is a straight line, and this line is parallel to the y-axis.
- Also, the graph of y=a is a straight line, and it is parallel to the x-axis.
- The chapter lets you know that an equation of the type y=mx represents a line that passes through the origin.
- Every point on the graph of a linear equation in 2 variables is one of the solutions of the equation. Also, every solution of the linear equation is a point on the graph of a linear equation.
Exercise discussion for RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 Linear Equations in Two Variables
- The first exercise – exercise 13.1 has 3 questions.
- The first question involves expressing the linear equations in the form of ax+by+c = 0.
- The 2nd question needs you to express the given equation in two variables.
- The third question is a statement based question and needs you to write the statement in the form of a linear equation in two variables.
- Exercise 13.2 has 7 questions.
- The first question requires you to write two solutions each for the given equations.
- The 2nd question requires you to write the two solutions each in the form of x=0, y=a and y=0 for the given equations.
- In question 3, you have to check if the given numbers form the solutions of the given equation or not.
- 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th questions are based on finding the value of a given constant.
- Exercise 13.3 has ten questions in total.
- The 1st question is about plotting the given equations on a graph paper.
- The 2nd question checks your knowledge about the concept of linear equations in two variables.
- Question 3rd to 6th are statement based questions. You have to express them in the form of linear equations in two variables.
- Question 7 needs you to plot the given points on a graph paper.
- Question 8 needs you to choose the right equation for the given figure.
- In question 9, you have to choose the equation for which the corresponding graph is given.
- Question 10 is about finding the value of constant k.
- Ex 13.4 has 2 questions.
- You have to provide the geometrical representations for the given equations on a number line as well as on the Cartesian plane.
- The last exercise comprises 5 very short answer questions. These questions need you to write the equation of a line passing through the given points parallel to either x-axis or y-axis.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Instasolv’s RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 is a highly dependable practice book which offers easy to understand, simple and straightforward solutions to the problems.
- You can use this book as and when you come across difficulty while solving the problems in RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Chapter 13.
- You need not speed yourself up according to the speed of your teacher or tutor. You can complete the revision at your own pace.
- The Instasolv solutions for RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 are available free of cost.
- If you revise your chapter from the RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 13 by Instasolv, you can definitely score the highest marks in the examination.