RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 15 Solutions (Area of Parallelograms and Triangles)
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15: Area of Parallelograms and Triangles is a helpful resource for you to prepare well for the CBSE Maths exam. Area of Parallelograms and Triangles is one of the most important topics in RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions. The theorems related to parallelograms are quite difficult for you to remember. Therefore, we suggest you practice as many questions from the RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15. You can refer to the solutions prepared by our subject matter experts which are easy yet comprehensive.
Chapter 15 of RD Sharma Textbook Solutions has 4 exercises in total. Exercise 15.1 has one question whereas Exercise 15.2 contains 4 questions. There are 10 RD Sharma Problems in Exercise 15.3 and the last exercise is VSAQs type and has 5 questions. All these questions cover the major portion of this chapter. Practising regularly benefits you for sure.
Mathematics is an important yet a very difficult subject so that you can’t limit yourself to just NCERT Textbook for scoring well. It is always suggested to practice extra questions from the RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15. These solutions give you a brief overview of the concepts of the chapter in a step by step manner. These solutions are designed by our highly experienced Maths experts so that you can use it for revising the chapter during exams also.
Important topics of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15: Area of Parallelograms and Triangles
In this chapter, you will get to learn about some important concepts regarding Parallelograms and triangles. Let’s have a look at these topics.
- Area of Closed Shape–
Before understanding the Area, you should be familiar with a “Plane” first. So, what is a Plane?
A plane is nothing; it can say a two-dimensional flat surface. It has length and breadth but can’t be measured because it is infinitely large.
And, if any part of a plane encloses the particular region ie. closed figure, then the region is termed as Planar region.
The area is nothing; it is the measure of the planar region. It is expressed in square units.
Properties of the Areas of Figure-
Here are some properties of the areas of figures. Let’s discussed that-
❏ If two figures are congruent to each other, then they will have the same areas as well.
❏ It is not mandatory that the figures having similar areas will congruent with each other.
❏ If the two non- overlapping plane regions help in forming the one planar region. Then the area will be the summation of these non- overlapping planar regions.
- Figures on the same base and between the same parallels-
When we have two figures and in which base is the same and its opposite vertices lie on the parallel line then it possesses the same area.
- Parallelograms on the same base and between the parallel lines-
If we talk about parallelograms, when two parallelograms which have the same base and the opposite vertices of it lie on the parallel to the base, then they possess a similar area.
- Area of Parallelogram-
In this figure, you will see that the parallelogram has dimensions base and height respectively.
So, the area of the parallelogram = Height X Base
At which, The height is perpendicular to the base of the parallelogram.
- Area of triangles-
Let’s look at the area of triangles-
Area of triangle = 1/ 2 X Base X Height
- Triangles on the same base and between the parallel lines-
Triangles having the same bases and their opposite vertices lie on the parallel lines have equal area.
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15
- Unlike the other chapters, this chapter is important to your exam point of view having 4 exercises such as exercise 15.1, 15.2, 15.3, and exercise VSAQs respectively. A total of 20 RD Sharma Problems are covered in these exercises, and that will help you cover all the important aspects of this chapter.
- Exercise 15.1 of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15: Area of Parallelograms and Triangles has only one question at which you have to identify which figures lie on the same base and between the parallel lines.
- There are 4 important questions in Exercise 15.2 of Chapter 15 of Class 9 RD Sharma Solutions based on the concepts of the parallelogram. There are questions where you need to find the area of the parallelogram.
- Exercise 15.3 has 10 RD Sharma problems with their solutions at which you need to have a piece of knowledge on the different figures like quadrilateral, trapezium, etc. There are questions at which you need to compute the areas of them. Some of the questions are also at which you must be familiar with the theorems of a parallelogram.
- In Exercise VSAQs questions touching the concepts of equilateral triangles, rectangles, the parallelogram, etc. Using its properties, you have to calculate the area. This Exercise has 5 important questions.
Benefits of Using RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15 by Instasolv
- Instasolv is a great learning platform for you. It provides step-wise solutions to all the important questions that are relevant to your NCERT(CBSE) exam point of view.
- We have a team of experts who have worked hard and prepared the chapter-wise and page-wise solutions of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 15: Area of Parallelograms and Triangles that will help you in analyzing your weaknesses so that you can assess your preparation level for your exams.
- You don’t need to worry about money. Our solutions are available at free of cost.
- You need not rush in making a choice which supplementary book should I use for practice RD Sharma Class 9 Textbook Problems ?. We suggest you use InstaSolv solutions. It will help you in managing your time as well.