RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 7 Solutions (Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry)
RD Sharma Class 9 Maths Solutions for Chapter 7 ‘Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry’ has been prepared to help you to solve the exercise questions in this chapter of RD Sharma Solutions effortlessly. This chapter covers a wide range of topics to build a strong foundation in geometry. The topics in this chapter include the introduction to the rules and postulates laid in the Euclidian Geometry, the difference between postulates and theorems, the properties of points and lines, parallel and intersecting lines. You will also learn about line segments, congruence of line segments, length axioms of the line segments, and the distance between two points.
There are 6 questions given in exercise 7.1. In addition to these, there is another set of 6 questions in the VSAQs exercise. These questions consist of fill in the blanks, one-word answers, etc. The questions given in RD Sharma Class 9 Chapter 7 are mainly theoretical in nature. You will be required to define and explain the concepts of Euclid’s geometry in this chapter. Memorising the concepts by consistently practising the exercise questions will help you get full marks from this chapter. Also, the conceptual understanding of this chapter is crucial to building a strong base for further chapters in the RD Sharma book.
We aim to create one platform for all your doubts in Class 9 Maths subject. This will ensure the credibility of your self-study hours. Besides getting a quick reference guide of important topics of the chapter, you will get to learn the step-by-step procedure of approaching the problems that might come in your exam with adequate reasoning. Such efforts will fetch you good marks in the exams. The team of Instasolv uses effective problem-solving techniques which you will also get to learn eventually.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 7: Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
The word geometry has Greek origin with geo meaning arc and meter meaning ‘to measure’. Euclid geometry is the mathematical system of measurement that was propagated by the Euclid. Euclid was a teacher of maths in Alexandria in Egypt. Euclid is well known and studied in-depth by mathematicians as he gave a unique idea with respect to conceptual geometry. A number of topics have been covered in this chapter of RD Sharma Class 9:
- Solid: A solid can be defined as something that has a defined size, shape, position and is mobile from one place to another place.
- Surfaces: Boundaries of a solid (as defined above) are termed as surfaces. These boundaries help in easily differentiating two parts of a surface and have no thickness.
- Curves or Straight Lines: In Euclidian Geometry, the boundaries can be either a curve or a straight line.
- Points: The straight line or curves defined above end in points.
Euclid divided the concepts attributed to him into 2 categories:-
Postulates were used to elaborate assumptions that were specific to geometry while on the other hand axioms were the hypothesis that he would use in all the concepts of maths and which was not majorly related to geometry.
Some important axioms by Euclid are:-
- If you add equals to equals, the holes are equals.
- If you subtract equals from equals, the remainders come up to be equal.
- Things that are double of the same things are equal to one another.
- The whole is always greater than the part.
Also, Euclid also gave some important postulates of which some are mentioned as follows:-
- You can draw a straight line from anyone point to any other point.
- You can produce a terminated line indefinitely.
- All the right angles are equal to one another.
Euclid stated the postulates and axioms that help him to prove some results but on the other hand, he concluded some statements that were totally proved. Euclid termed such statements as propositions or theorems. One of the theorems that are attributed to Euclid states that if there are two unique lines, the can have only more one point in common at the maximum. You will learn more theorems in this chapter.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 7: Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
- There are different types of objective and subjective questions in the 2 exercises in this chapter based on the postulates and axioms in Euclid’s Geometry
- In the first exercise, you will be required to define some basic concepts of Euclid’s Geometry.
- You will get to solve questions based on labelling of diagrams given in the exercise.
- There are questions like state whether a statement is true or false and fill in the blanks exercises in this chapter.
- The exercise also includes some one-liner questions with reasoning based on the straight line axiom in Euclid’s Geometry.
- In the VSAQs exercise, there are 6 one-word answer questions, the answers of which can be found in the theorems and postulated of Euclid’s Geometry.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 7: Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry by Instasolv
- At the Instasolv platform, you get to solve the advanced level problems in layman’s terms.
- You will get to understand the right way to approach a problem in this chapter by relying on the stepwise solutions provided by the expert team of maths teachers at Instasolv.
- The Instasolv platform is easily accessible where you can find solutions to all Chapters of RD Sharma Solutions Class 9 book.
- You will find answers to each question of the chapters without even minimal compromise in the quality.
- The answers at Instasolv are cross-checked at two stages, which eliminates all the chances of errors.