Resnick Halliday Walker Physics Solutions
Resnick Halliday Walker Solutions of Fundamentals of Physics Book have been drafted by a team of experts at Instasolv. Halliday Resnick Solutions comprises all 44 chapters from the books, namely Fundamentals of Physics Volume 1 and Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2. Fundamentals of Physics Volume 1 contains 20 chapters, and Volume 2 contains 24 chapters. Fundamentals of Physics solutions by Resnick Halliday and Walker cover all concepts from both books.
Halliday Resnick solutions answer all exercise questions in an easy to understand language, methodically and logically to help you learn quickly and effectively. They cover a wide range of question types important from an exam point of view. They give you ample amount of practice to perfect your conceptual foundation, score high marks in your Class 12 board exams and easily crack various competitive exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NEET. These solutions are the most preferred study material for competitive exam qualifiers and board exam toppers year after year.
Resnick Halliday Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions have been designed to help in efficient revision during exams. They have been designed to make learning more fun, interesting, stimulating and a productive process. Our smart problem-solving techniques and effective learning methodologies help you reduce your preparation time and effort.
Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday Resnick and Walker
Below is a brief overview of the content of our holistic Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics book.
Resnick Halliday Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 1 Solutions
Fundamentals of Physics Solutions of Volume 1 comprehensively cover all 20 chapters of the Halliday Resnick Walker Volume 1 Book. The chapters covered here include Measurement, Motion Along a Straight Line, Vectors, force and motion, kinetic energy and work, motion in two and three dimensions, the centre of mass and linear momentum, rotation, gravitation, oscillations, potential energy and conservation of energy, temperature, heat and the first law of thermodynamics, entropy and the second law of thermodynamics, the kinetic theory of gases, waves, fluids, equilibrium and elasticity, and rolling, torque and angular momentum. Below is a brief overview of the components of Fundamentals of Physics Volume 1 Solutions.
- The chapter Measurement explains about a second mass standard, significant figures, changing units, decimal places, kilogram, time, standard, the international system of units, density and length. The chapter Motion Along a Straight Line gives you details on constant acceleration, instantaneous velocity, speed, displacement, graphical integration in motion analysis, average velocity, average speed, motion, free-fall acceleration, position and acceleration. The chapter Vectors introduces you to the laws of physics, vectors and scalars, multiplying vectors, components of vectors, the vector product, adding vectors geometrically, adding vectors by components, unit vectors and the scalar product.
- Motion in Two and Three Dimensions Chapter teaches you of relative motion in one dimension, the equation of the path, instantaneous acceleration, average velocity, uniform circular motion, instantaneous velocity, relative motion in two dimensions, the horizontal motion, the position and displacement, the effect of the air, projectile motion, the horizontal range, average acceleration and the vertical motion. Force and Motion I topic gives you an idea of Newtonian Mechanics, Newton’s third law, force, Newton’s first law, friction, the normal force, Newton’s second law, tension, gravitational force, inertial reference frames, weight and mass. Fundamentals of Physics Solutions answer all questions in an easy and simple language for quick and effective learning.
- The chapter Force and Motion II educates you on uniform circular motion, the friction, the drag force, properties of friction and terminal speed. The topic Kinetic Energy and Work covers the theorem of work kinetic energy, work done by the gravitational force, work and kinetic energy, three – dimensional analysis, the work done by a general variable force, work kinetic energy theorem, power, applied force, finding an expression for work, one- dimensional analysis, kinetic energy and work done by a spring force. Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy chapter gives you an idea of external force, the work done on a system by an external force, turning point, elastic potential energy, path independence of conservative forces, work and potential energy, equilibrium point, conservation of energy, conservation of mechanical energy, conservative and non-conservative forces, isolated system, gravitational potential energy, determining potential energy values and potential energy curve.
- Centre of Mass and Linear Momentum chapter teaches you of the inelastic collision in one dimension, solid bodies, the collision in two dimensions, conservation of linear momentum, Newton’s second law for a system of particles, systems with varying mass, collision and impulse, the linear momentum of a system of particles, the centre of mass, the elastic collision in one dimension, linear momentum and kinetic energy in collisions.
- The chapter Rotation gives you a clear picture of Newton’s second law of rotation, angular acceleration, relating the linear and angular variables, rotational variable, rotational kinetic energy, and angular quantities vectors. Here you will also learn about torque, angular displacement, calculating the rotational inertia, rotation with constant angular acceleration, the kinetic energy of rotation and angular velocity. Our Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions are prepared by expert Physics teachers in a stepwise, precise and a simple manner.
- Rolling, Torque and Angular Momentum chapter introduces you to the angular momentum of a rigid body rotating about a fixed axis, the force of rolling, rolling as pure rotation, conservation of angular momentum and precession of a gyroscope. Here you will also learn about the yo-yo, torque revisited, rolling as translation and rotation combined, the angular momentum of a rigid body, rolling down a ramp, Newton’s second law in angular form, the angular momentum of a system of particles, angular momentum and forces and kinetic energy of rolling. In the chapter Equilibrium and Elasticity, you will learn about shearing, indeterminate structure, the equilibrium, hydraulic stress, the centre of gravity, tension and compression, the requirements of equilibrium and static equilibrium, elasticity.
- The chapter Gravitation explains to you of Einstein and gravitation, gravitational potential energy, Newton’s law of gravitation, Kepler’s laws, the principle of equivalence, gravitation and the principle of superposition, curvature of space, gravitation inside the earth, potential energy and force, path independence and gravitation near earth’s surface. In Fluids chapter you will learn about Bernoulli’s equation, the equation of continuity, Pascal’s principle, fluid at rest, Archimedes principle, density and pressure, Pascal’s principle and the hydraulic level, the equation of continuity, the mercury barometer and ideal fluids in motion. Our Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions are drafted in a step by step way to make it easy for you to understand.
- Oscillations chapter gives you an idea of damped simple harmonic motion and forced oscillations, pendulums, the force law for simple harmonic motion, resonance, an angular simple harmonic oscillator, the velocity of SHM, uniform circular motion, the simple pendulum, energy in SHM and circular motion. Waves- I chapter gives you a clear picture on the interference of waves, wavelength and angular wavenumber, wave speed on a stretched string, standing waves, transverse waves, wavelength and frequency, reflections at a boundary, power of a wave travelling along a string, standing waves, transverse and longitudinal waves, dimensional analysis, amplitude and phase, angular frequency and frequency, the wave equation and the speed of a travelling wave.
- Waves- II teaches you of sources of musical sound, travelling sound waves, shock waves, the speed of sound, supersonic speeds, the variation of intensity with distance, intensity and sound level, the doppler effect and interference. The chapter Temperature, Heat and the First Law of Thermodynamics makes you understand about heat and work, the absorption of heat by solid and liquid, the zeroth law of thermodynamics, heat transfer mechanisms, absorption of heat, measuring temperature, a closer look at heat and work, the celsius and Fahrenheit scales, the first law of thermodynamics and thermal expansion. Our Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions contain detailed conceptual descriptions along with relevant diagrams, and appropriate examples wherever necessary.
- The Kinetic Theory of Gases chapter teaches you of quantum theory, the distribution of molecular speeds, mean free path, temperature and RMS speed, the adiabatic expansions of an ideal gas, and the molar specific heats of an ideal gas. Here you will also learn about Avogadro’s number, molar specific heats, translational kinetic energy and degrees of freedom. The chapter Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics will give you knowledge of a statistical view of entropy, change in entropy, irreversible processes of entropy, the efficiencies of real engines and the second law of thermodynamics.
Halliday Resnick Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions
Halliday Resnick Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions comprehensively cover all 20 chapters of the Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Book. The chapters covered here include Coulomb’s Law, electric fields, electric potential, Gauss’s Law, current and resistance, capacitance, circuits, magnetic fields, magnetic fields due to currents, and electromagnetic oscillations, alternating current, induction and inductance, maxwell’s equations; the magnetism of matter, electromagnetic oscillations and alternating current, electromagnetic waves, interference, images, relativity, diffraction, photons and matter waves, more about matter waves, conduction of electricity in solids, all about atoms, quarks, leptons and the big bang, energy from the nucleus, conduction of electricity in solids, and nuclear physics. Below is a brief overview of the components of Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions.
- Coulomb’s Law chapter teaches you about the charge quantized, spherical conductors, conductors and insulators, blue flashes from a wintergreen lifesaver, electric charge and the conserved charge. The chapter Electric Fields educates you on measuring the elementary charge, the electric field due to a charged particles, a dipole in an electric field, the electric field due to a line of charge, the electric field due to a point charge, a point charge in an electric field, the electric field due to an electric dipole and the electric field due to a charged disk. Halliday Resnick & Walker Solutions to the questions are prepared in a manner to boost your score in the examination.
- The chapter Gauss’ Law explains to you of spherical symmetry, the external electric field, gauss’ law: cylindrical symmetry, electric flux, non-conducting sheet, an isolated conductor with a cavity, a charged isolated conductor, the conductor removed and planar symmetry. Electric Potential chapter gives you a clear picture about calculating the field from the potential, calculating the potential from the field, equipotential surfaces and the electric field, potential due to an electric dipole, motion through an electric field, potential due to a continuous charge distribution, electric potential and electric potential energy and potential due to a group of charged particles.
- The chapter Capacitance gives you details on energy stored in an electric field, a cylinder capacitor, calculating the electric field, a capacitor with a dielectric and dielectric, calculating the capacitance, an isolated sphere, a parallel- plate capacitor, charging a capacitor, a spherical capacitor and capacitors in parallel and in series. Current and resistance chapter teaches you of semiconductors, Ohm’s law, power in electric circuits, current density, a microscopic view of Ohm’s law, superconductors, electric current and resistance and resistivity. Our Solutions include smart study techniques and shortcuts to help you grasp even the most complex concepts quickly and effectively.
- The Circuits chapter makes you understand about the ammeter and the voltmeter, calculating the current in a single loop circuit, multiple loop circuits, pumping charges, RC circuits, energy and EMF and the potential difference between two points. The Magnetic Fields chapter teaches you about the magnetic force on a current-carrying wire, magnetic field, crossed fields: the hall effect, crossed fields: discovery of the electron, torque on a current loop, cyclotrons and synchrotrons, a circulating charged particle and the magnetic dipole moment.
- The Chapter Magnetic Fields Due to Currents explains about the force between two parallel currents, a current-carrying coil as a magnetic dipole, calculating the magnetic field due to a current, Solenoids and toroids, Ampere’s law and the force between two parallel currents. Induction and Inductance chapter teaches you of Faraday’s law of induction, mutual induction, RL circuits, Lenz’s law, the energy density of a magnetic field, induction and energy transfers, Faraday’s law, energy stored in a magnetic field and induced electric fields. Fundamentals of Physics Solutions by Resnick Halliday and Walker contain detailed explanations of all the concepts along with the diagrams and relevant examples.
- The Chapter Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current introduce you to power in alternating current circuits, damped oscillations in an RLC circuit, qualitatively, charge and current oscillations, the series RLC circuit, the electrical-mechanical analogy, transformers, LC oscillations, alternating current, angular frequencies and forced oscillations. The chapter Maxwell’s Equations; Magnetism of Matter explains to you about magnetism and electrons, the Gauss’ law for magnetic fields, ferromagnetism, diamagnetism, paramagnetism, Maxwell’s equations, displacement current and induced magnetic fields.
- The chapter Electromagnetic Waves will explain about the total internal reflection, Brewster’s law, Maxwell’s rainbow, radiation pressure, the travelling magnetic wave, reflection and refraction, the travelling electromagnetic wave, polarization by reflection, energy transport and the Poynting vector and polarization. The chapter Images teaches you about thin lenses, plane mirrors and spherical mirrors, optical instruments, images from spherical mirrors and spherical refracting surfaces. Our Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions are drafted in a methodological way to make things easier for you.
- The chapter Interference introduces you to interference and double-slit intensity, Young’s interference experiment, Michelson’s interferometer, light as a wave, interference from thin films, diffraction and wavelength and index of refraction. The Diffraction chapter explains about diffraction by a double slit, intensity in single slit diffraction, single slit diffraction, X-Ray diffraction, diffraction by a single slit: locating the minima, gratings: dispersion, diffraction by a circular aperture, resolving power and diffraction and the wave theory of light.
- Relativity concept introduces you to momentum and energy, the relativity of time, the simultaneity and time dilation, Doppler effect for light, measuring an event, the Lorentz transformation, the relativity of simultaneity, the relativity of length and the postulates. The chapter Photons and Matter Waves topic makes you understand about reflection from a potential step, Schrodinger’s equation, light as a probability wave, the photoelectric effect, tunnelling through a potential barrier, electrons and matter waves, Compton scattering, the photons, Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, light interference, the birth of quantum physics and the quantum of light. Our Halliday Resnick Solutions are prepared methodically and logically by experts.
- The chapter More About Matter Waves teaches you about an electron in a finite well, string wave and matter waves, the hydrogen atom, energies of a trapped electron, two and three-dimensional electron traps and wave functions of a trapped electron. The All About Atoms topic gives you an idea of X-rays and the ordering of the elements, magnetic resonance, magnetic dipole moments, building the periodic table, the stern Gerlach experiment, multiple electrons in a trap, angular momentum, exclusion principle, lasers and properties of atoms.
- The Conduction of Electricity in Solids Chapter educates you about semiconductors and doping, the transistors, the electrical properties of metals and the p- n junction. The Nuclear Physics Chapter introduces you to measuring radiation dosage, some nuclear properties, nuclear models, discovering the nucleus, radioactive dating, radioactive decay, beta decay and alpha decay. The chapter Energy from the nucleus explains to you thermonuclear fusion in the sun and other stars, nuclear fission, controlled thermonuclear fusion, the nuclear reactor, thermonuclear fusion and a natural nuclear reactor.
- The chapter Quarks, Leptons and the Big Bang teach you about the cause for reflection, leptons, the basic forces and messenger particles, general properties of elementary particles, the Bing Bang and a summing up, the eightfold way, quarks and messenger particles and hadrons and strangeness. Our Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Solutions are framed in an easy and simple language which makes your learning more fun and interactive.
Halliday Resnick and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Exercises
The exercise questions asked in Halliday Resnick Walker Solutions covers each and every concept of the chapter. It comprises a wide range of question types such as subjective questions, objective questions, match the columns questions, theorem based questions, numerical questions, scenario-based questions, formula-based questions and diagrammatic questions. Altogether there are more than 4600 exercise questions covered in Halliday Resnick & Walker Book. Our Halliday Resnick Walker Solutions are well organized and follow a logical flow to facilitate fast and effective learning.
Why refer to Halliday Resnick Solutions by Instasolv?
- All our solutions are drafted by our Physics experts with utmost care to make you’re learning more fun, interactive, fast and effective.
- The solutions have been drafted in a step by step manner for better and easy understanding of the concept.
- They include a detailed explanation of all the concepts, along with the appropriate diagrams and relevant examples wherever necessary.
- Our smart study techniques and shortcuts learning will help you grasp the concepts quickly and learn effectively.
- They cover a wide range of question types important from exam point of view
- They help you learn and revise quickly and efficiently.
- Our solutions help you build a strong conceptual foundation
- They have been designed to clear all your doubts and improve your retention rate.
- They have been solved using the best methods of solving the problems.