Fundamentals of Physics Chapter 31 Solutions: Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current
Halliday Resnick and Walker Volume 2 Solutions for Chapter 31 ‘Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current’ is a well-sorted practice book for those who want to do well in the JEE Physics. It gives you the right kind of opportunity to deal with the questions related to the chapter. Resnick Halliday Solutions for Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current will make you understand the topics such as LC oscillations, Damped oscillations in RLC circuits, force oscillations of three simple circuits, the series RLC circuits, power in alternating-current circuits, and transformers.
This chapter has 6 different modules that have a collection of 65 questions. After having a thorough practice of the questions, you will understand the analogy between a block-spring oscillator and LC oscillator, plotting a graph of LC oscillator, about RLC circuits, alternating current and direct current, capacitive reactance, inductive reactance, resonance, the relationship between current amplitude, emf amplitude, and Impedance(Z), about power factor, types of transformers, and so on. You will come across problems specially designed for JEE and NEET that will improve your problem-solving skills so that you can score great marks in these exams.
You can also use the Resnick Halliday & Walker Fundamentals of Physics solutions for Class 12 board exam preparations as they contain all the CBSE Class 12 Physics-based topics as well. We are providing you with the best solutions of Resnick Halliday and Walker Physics Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current in an understandable manner. Get in regular touch with these solutions and make sure your Physics part for your board exam as well as JEE.
Important Topics of Halliday Resnick and Walker Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 31: Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current
Well, in order to cover all the aspects of this chapter you have to learn some terminologies first. We have discussed them below just have a look at them-
- Damped Oscillations-
When the amplitude of the wave gradually decreases with respect to time, the oscillation is damped oscillations. They are the result of energy losses in the oscillatory system. The energy losses are the conversion of energy into heat like friction in mechanics and resistance in electrical systems
- Forced Oscillations-
When an oscillation takes place by providing an external force (with a frequency that is not its natural frequency) are forced oscillations.
- Alternating Current and Direction–
It’s a type of electric current which changes its direction periodically at regular time intervals means the direction of flow of electrons changes after each cycle.
However, The direct current does not change its direction it consistently flows only in one direction. Alternating current is used to deliver power to houses, buildings, offices, etc.
It’s a state in an RLC circuit at which the capacitive reactance is equal to the Inductive reactance.
XL = XC
In simple words, Resonance can also be understood, when the natural frequency of a system is equal to the frequency that is driven by an external source.
The frequency at which resonance occurs is called Resonant frequency.
Impedance is nothing, it is the total opposition of alternating current by an electric circuit. It is equal to the square root of the sum of squares of resistance and reactance.
Impedance, Z = V/I
Like resistance in DC circuit, the impedance in the RLC circuit measured in ohms
- Power Factor-
In the RLC circuit, the power factor is defined as the ratio of power dissipated by an AC source to the product of R.m.s value of current and voltage
Generally, it is represented in the percentage 96% but it can also be expressed in decimal form like 0.96
In an AC circuit, you know that there is the involvement of Inductors and capacitors. Thus, the current and the voltage do not attain maximum points at the same time. The periodic difference in peaks expressed in degrees is called phase.
Exercise Discussion of Resnick Halliday & Walker Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 31: Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current.
In this chapter, you will deal with a variety of questions that cover almost all the concepts of it. You will get a brief knowledge about all the things about RLC Circuit, on solving the questions of Chapter 31 Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current. Let’s see how these questions have been crafted.
- It has 65 problems of Halliday Resnick and Walker Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 31 Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current that are settled in 6 different modules
- The first Module-31.1 has 23 problems based on the LC Oscillations. You need to know each and everything about LC Circuits.
- The second Module-31.2 using the concepts of Damped Oscillations in an RLC Circuit. It has 4 Halliday Resnick’s problems.
- In the third Module-31.3, you will be asked to answer the questions on the concepts of Forced Oscillations in three simple circuits. You will be asked to find the amplitude, current, and frequency in these questions.
- Fourth Module-31.4 comprises 17 questions with solutions. They are based on series RLC circuits. You need to have a piece of knowledge on Impedance, Capacitive reactance, Inductive reactance, Phase, power factor to tackle the questions. You will draw a phasor diagram in some questions of it.
- Module-31.5 has 10 questions in total and they are using concepts of powers in alternating circuits. In most of these questions, you will be asked to find the power dissipated in RLC circuits.
- The last Module-31.6 has 4 questions based on the transformers. You need to brush your knowledge of mutual induction to deal with the questions asked in this module.
- The second section that is an additional type will provide you with 28 questions and they are competitive exams oriented, quite tricky to solve.
Why Use Halliday Resnick and Walker Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 31 Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current by Instasolv?
- Instasolv is a useful resource you can make in use for strengthening the concepts involved in several topics that come under Physics.
- Resnick Halliday & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions is a beautifully structured study material for those who faced issues regarding the learning of the concepts of Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current.
- We realize your difficulties, that’s why we are trying our best to provide you with the best solutions so that you can read and solve all the problems of Physics in Resnick Halliday and Walker Volume by yourself. So, make our solutions in use and be prepared for your exams.