Fundamentals of Physics Chapter 34 Solutions: Images
Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions for Chapter 34 ‘Images’ is the best study material prepared by our subject experts that will help you in CBSE Class 12 along with JEE and NEET Physics. This chapter will give you a clear perception of all the key concepts associated with Images. Regular practice with our solutions for Halliday Resnick Walker ‘Images’ chapter will help you in getting mastery in the several topics like Images and plane mirrors, spherical mirrors, spherical refracting surfaces, thin lenses, and optical Instruments. Further, you will derive three proofs that are spherical mirror formula, the refracting surface formula, and the thin lens formula, respectively.
Physics Solutions for Halliday Resnick and Walker Volume 2 Images have one exercise and that has been crafted into two sections. The first section has been set up into 5 Modules with 93 questions whereas the second section is additional problems and that has 48 questions. Questions in modules need a deep knowledge of the concepts to counter them. By solving them you will get an idea about the apparent position of images, lateral magnification, aperture, the radius of curvature, focal lengths, and so on. Also, you will be able to deal with the questions on various optical instruments like a simple microscope, compound microscope, astronomical telescope, etc. All such questions will give you exposure and will make you well prepared for exams like JEE Mains, JEE Advanced and NEET.
Instasolv can be a go-to option for you to practice questions of Halliday Resnick and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 34: Images. We have provided solutions in a comprehensive manner. Therefore, we suggest you make use of our solutions for Halliday Resnick and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Images. It’s the best solution presented to you. You no longer require to scramble here and there for study material. Just Use these solutions and make you fit for your Class 12 board exams and even for JEE and NEET.
Important Topics of Resnick Halliday & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 34: Images
- Real and Virtual Images-
The light rays meet at some point after having a reflection and refraction, the images formed are called real images.
The image formed on the cinema screen is the most prominent example of it.
While virtual images do not meet at some point, they appear to meet at some point.
Your image formed in the flat bathroom mirror is an example of a virtual image.
- Plane Mirror-
A mirror, having a flat planar reflecting surface is called a plane mirror. When light rays strike at its surface, the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.
Images formed by plane mirrors are virtual, upright, left-right reversed, etc.
- Spherical Mirrors-
Spherical Mirrors are the mirrors that have been cut out from the spherical surface. Typically, there are two types of spherical mirrors used in optics.
➢ Concave Mirror.
➢ Convex Mirror.
The most common example of concave mirrors is Shaving mirrors, Make-up mirrors, etc.
- Thin Lenses-
The lenses having a thickness less than the diameter of the lens, are thin lenses. Typically, there are two types of thin lenses are:
➢ Converging lens
➢ Diverging lens
- Three Proofs-
You will derive three proofs in this chapter. Let’s see:
- Spherical- Mirror Formula-
The formula is-
1 / (image distance) + 1 / (object distance) = 1 / (focal length)
Here’s the focal length of the spherical mirror-
f = R / 2
Where f, is focal length and R is the radius of curvature.
- Refracting Surface formula –
See the formula-
n = c / v
c is the speed of light in vacuum,
v is the speed of light of substance,
n is the refractive index.
- Thin lens Formula-
Here we will learn the formula-
1/d0 + 1/di = 1 / f
d0 is the object distance from the lens
di is the image distance from the lens
f is the focal length of the lens.
1 / f = (n2 – n1) / r
Where n1 and n2 are the refractive indices.
- Optical Instruments-
Optical instruments are the devices that produce images in a way that you will be able to see the big sig size (clear image) of it.
Typically, three optical instruments that extended the human vision-
➢ Simple magnifying lens
➢ Compound Microscope
➢ Reflecting Telescope.
Exercise Discussion of Halliday Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 34: Images
- Module-34.1 has 5 questions based on the Images and Plane Mirrors. You should know about plane mirrors to solve it. In questions, you will find the apparent position of the image in the mirror.
- Module-34.2 has 31 problems of Resnick Halliday and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Images Solutions based on the concepts involved spherical mirrors. In between these questions you will be given a set-up of questions from 9 through 16, and 17 through 29. These set-up questions are based on concave and convex mirrors and you have to determine several aspects like magnification, radius curvature, image distance, and so on.
- In module-34.3, there are 9 problems on spherical refracting surfaces. You have to go through the spherical refracting surface formula to tackle the questions of it.
- Well, Module-34.4 has 47 problems with their solutions based on the inner concepts of thin lenses. You need to have a look at what are converging lenses and diverging lenses first, then you will be able to solve all the problems related to it.
- The last Module-34.5 has 6 questions based on the different optical instruments like a simple magnifying lens, reflecting telescope, and compound microscope, etc. you will be asked to find the lateral magnification, angular magnification, and the focal length of magnifying lens, etc.
- There are some additional problems as well in this chapter. It has 48 questions, you just solve these questions, as they are extra questions and will definitely help you understand the concepts in a better way.
Why Use Halliday Resnick and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Solutions Chapter 34: Images by Instasolv?
- If you have some doubts and queries regarding solving the questions or even understanding the concepts of the Resnick Halliday and Walker Fundamentals of Physics Volume 2 Images, you can anytime refer to our solutions.
- Our team of experts has provided questions in a way that will help you in understanding the difficult concepts of the chapter.
- You can also use it for managing your time because we provide easily accessible chapter-wise solutions for Resnick Halliday and Walker Fundamentals of Physics.