RS Aggarwal Class 10 Chapter 10 Solutions (Trigonometric Ratios)
RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 10 which would help you master trigonometric ratios and various important formulas of the chapter. This chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions will enable you to understand how to find the trigonometric ratios of given angles. You get to learn about trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle, reciprocal relations, squared relations, quotient of the relation of trigonometric ratios in this chapter.
This chapter has a single exercise with 35 questions that require short and long answers from you. The quality and diversity of questions are apt for any kind of exam you have to appear in whether it be Class 10 board exams or competitive exams. Our solutions are a very useful resource for a quick revision of the entire chapter for your board exams.
Getting good marks in Class 10 is very vital for you and Instasolv gives you the easiest and quickest way of preparing efficiently. By breaking down all the concepts involved in solving every question on this topic of trigonometric ratios, we make sure you are well equipped with handling all sorts of questions. You must refer to the important topics for the chapter given by our subject matter experts.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 10: Trigonometric Ratios
A right-angled triangle has one of its angles equal to 90 degrees, and it sets up the basis of trigonometric ratios. The ratio of the sides of such a triangle to the angle it makes defines 6 trigonometric ratios; Sine, Cosine, tangent, Secant, Cosecant, and Cotangent.
- Hypotenuse: The side opposite to 90 degrees in a right-angles triangle is called the hypotenuse.
- Trigonometric Ratios of Acute Angle of a Right-Angled Triangle:
- Sinθ = opposite/hypotenuse
- Cosθ = adjacent/hypotenuse
- Tanθ = opposite/adjacent = Sinθ/Cosθ
- Secθ = hypotenuse/adjacent = 1/Cosθ
- Cosecθ = hypotenuse/opposite = 1/Sinθ
- Cotθ = adjacent/opposite = 1/Tanθ
Here, is the reference angle (a reference angle is any of the other 2 angles which are not 90 degrees). “Opposite” refers to the side of the triangle opposite to this reference angle and “adjacent” refers to the side of the triangle which is adjacent to the reference angle.
- Trigonometric Ratios of Specific Angles:
- Reciprocal Trigonometric Functions: There are 3 reciprocal Trigonometric rations which are Cosec, Sec, and Cot
- Cosecθ = 1/Sinθ
- Secθ = 1/Cosθ
- Cotθ = 1/Tanθ
- Pythagorean Identities: There are some identities on these Trigonometric ratios, defined by Pythagoras and they are:
- Cos2θ+ Sin2θ = 1
- Cot2θ +1 = Cosec2θ
- Squared Identities: Apart from the Pythagorean identities, there are few other squared identities established between the different Trigonometric Ratios, which come from Pythagorean identities, as mentioned below:
Tan2θ +1 = Sec2θ
- Quotient Identities – The 3 main T-ratios; Sin, Cosine, and Tangent, are related to each other and the function which depicts one T-ratio as a quotient of other T-ratios is called their quotient identities. These quotient functions are as follows:
Tanθ = Sinθ /Cosθ
Cotθ = Cosθ / Sinθ
Exercise Discussions of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 10: Trigonometric Ratios
This chapter has only one exercise which makes you practice on all the concepts you learn in this topic. It has 35 questions where you have to find all the trigonometric ratios of an angle whose one of the trigonometric ratios is given. The trigonometric ratio could be a number or an equation like (a2 – b2). You would also be required to prove a few formulas which are a combination of the six trigonometric ratios discussed. It is an interesting chapter where the questions are varied and you get to test your expertise on the concepts.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 10: Trigonometric Ratios
- With the help of the RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 10, you would see that anything complex can be done simply by breaking each of the steps.
- You will gain interest in the topic with the help of these solutions. Our solutions bring that simplicity of approach to learning Maths so that you never find it daunting.
- This free of cost solutions for RS Aggarwal Class 10 Chapters are surely going to be your go-to resource for all your mathematical doubts.