RS Aggarwal Class 10 Chapter 2 Solutions (Polynomials)
RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 ‘Polynomials’ are designed according to the latest guidelines of CBSE. Till now you have learned about degree 1, degree 2 and degree 3 of polynomials, quadratic polynomials and polynomials of quadratic equations. In this chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions, you will study the arithmetical descriptions of the zeroes of polynomials via a geometrical illustration of quadratic and linear polynomials. The division system for polynomials is also introduced in this chapter.
RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 contains 2 exercises flooded with easy to difficult levels of exemplary problems. There are 40 practice questions in the chapter. This is an advanced chapter on the topic of polynomials that you have already studied. Our solutions would allow you to learn the complexities of the chapter with the formulas properly explained at the tip of your fingers.
Our solutions for RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 are most helpful for you to increase your logical ability to crack the easy to the tough type of questions in the examinations. They effectively aid you in seamless preparation for CBSE Class 10 board exams as well as various competitive examinations for engineering and medical fields.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 polynomials
In this chapter, you will learn about polynomials and types of polynomials. Let us learn the following basic terms:
- Polynomials: An arithmetical expression in which there is a non-negative integer exponent of variables. These are also called indeterminate.
For example: 6x3 -4x2 – 2x -1 = polynomial in x variable
These are denoted by k(x), l(x), r (x) etc.
- Coefficients: any number which helps to get a product with a variable.
For example, in the case of polynomials 6x3-4x2 – 2x, the coefficients of 6x3, 4x2, 2x are 2, 4, 6 respectively.
- Terms of polynomials: these are the important part of any equation separated by plus or minus signs. Every part of the polynomial in the given equations is called the term.
For example, in the polynomial 6x3 – 4x2 – 2x -1 there are 4 terms.
- Constant polynomial: when there is only 1 constant term the polynomial is called a constant polynomial.
p(x) = c, where c is any number
- Zero polynomial: a polynomial in which the polynomial is 0
p(x) = 0
- Binomials: a polynomial where there are 2 terms.
For example, A(z) = 10x2 +z
- Trinomials: a polynomial having 3 terms.
For example: q(x) = x3 -3x +5
- Linear polynomial: polynomial having degree 1
For example: 3x -5, s+7 etc.
- Properties of a polynomial:
- Division Theorem: p(x) = g(x)*q(x)+ r(x), where p(x) divided by g(x) results in q(x) as quotient and r(x) as a remainder
- Remainder Theorem: p*(a) = r when P(x) / (x-a) leaves remainder ‘r’
- Factor Theorem: p(x) / q(x) = r(x) with 0 remainder only if q(x) is a factor of p(x)
Polynomial Equation: it is an equation with constants and variables. A polynomial equation is written in a format where highest degree, all the lower degree and then, at last, the constant term.
For example: p(x) = 4x3 + 5x2 – 7x + 2 is a polynomial equation.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10 Maths Chapter 2: Polynomials
- There are two exercises in the chapter. Exercise 2A includes 21 questions in which you are asked to find the zeros of polynomials.
- In some questions, the sum, and product of polynomials are given and you have to find out the polynomial value.
- The concept of basic polynomials has to be revised first to solve these questions. This chapter covers all the basic details of polynomials as well.
- These questions can help you fetch good marks as they are purely based on calculations and you should have a speedy hand on doing these calculations.
- There is always a chance of 8-10 marks of questions from this exercise in the final examination.
- Exercise 2B includes 19 questions. These questions are on the division method where the remainder and quotient had to be solved.
- The basic knowledge of constant, linear quadratic, cubic and quadratic polynomials concerning their degrees will help you solve the questions effectively.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10 Maths Chapter 2: Polynomials
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 ‘Polynomials’ are very helpful for you to prepare for the final exams.
- The solutions are available online at no cost, which not only saves you money but helps you manage your time effectively for learning other subjects.
- All these solutions are solved in a stepwise manner so as to provide you clarity.