RS Aggarwal Class 10 Chapter 5 Solutions (Arithmetic Progression)
RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions for Chapter 5 is your ultimate practice book for scoring the highest marks in Class 10 board exams. This chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions consists of significant topics like the introduction of Arithmetic Progression (AP), arithmetic series, finding the general term of an AP, finding the nth term from the end of an AP, arithmetic mean, and the sum of n terms of an AP.
Chapter 5 ‘Arithmetic Progression’ of RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths book includes 5 exercises and 178 questions. The first three exercises are short answer type questions. While the last exercise has full-fledged long answer type questions. With the help of these exercises, you will learn to find the first term, common difference, and the next term in arithmetic progressions. You will also learn to find if given arithmetic expressions are in the form of AP or not. All these concepts are very important for class 10 board exams.
Revising the chapter from RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Chapter 5 ‘Arithmetic Progression’ will be extremely helpful for you. These solutions will enable you to get well-versed in different types of questions that might appear in your exam. Our solutions book for the chapter contains step by step, easy, and illustrative solutions. These solutions will guide you in understanding the entire chapter in a better manner.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 5: Arithmetic Progression
- The chapter introduces you to a new concept – Arithmetic Progression.
- An arithmetic progression or AP is a list of numbers. The terms are obtained by adding a fixed number ‘d’ to the preceding term. But the same is not applicable in the first term. The fixed number ‘d’ is known as the common difference.
- A given list of numbers, for instance, a1, a2, a3…is an AP, if, a2-a1, a3-a2, gives the same value. This means ak+1 – ak needs to be the same for different values of k.
- If the first term of an AP is ‘a’, and the common difference is ‘d’, then the nth term of the AP will be an = a + (n – 1) d.
- Sum of first n terms of an AP = n/2 [2a+(n-1)d]
- If the last or nth term of a finite AP is l, then the sum of all the terms of the AP will be equal to S= n/2 (a+l).
- When a, b and c are in AP, then 2b = a+c, or b = (a+c)/2 and b is known as the mean of a and c.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 5: Arithmetic Progression
- It contains 47 questions which involve finding the common difference, the first term, the nth term, value of p, number of terms, and so on.
- You are also required to find the middle term of a given AP, and some of the middle terms.
- Some questions are there in the first exercise that needs you to find the nth term from the end.
- Few questions are there that ask you if a given number is the term of a given AP.
- It has 13 questions in total where you have to find the vague of x, k, y when specific conditions of AP are given.
- You also need to find the terms of an AP and a few numbers in an AP if the sum and product; and the sum and sum of squares are given.
- There are questions that ask you to divide a given number into parts such that they form an AP.
- There are 25 questions in the exercise where you will need to find the sum of the given APs.
- Few questions are there that ask you to find the sum of first n terms of an AP.
- There are 48 questions related to finding the sum of APs, the sum of first n terms of an AP.
- In some questions, you are given the sum of first n terms of an AP and you have to find the common difference, the first term and the nth term.
- Some questions are based on applications of AP where you are to find the sum of odd numbers between 0 and 50 or check first 100 even natural numbers divisible by 5, etc.
- It has 30 multiple-choice questions based on the different concepts of arithmetic progression such as common difference, the sum of n terms and properties of arithmetic expressions.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 5- Arithmetic Progression
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 5 by Instasolv is one of the best practice books that you can rely upon for your Class 10 board exam preparations.
- The solutions have been prepared as per the latest guidelines by CBSE.
- Our experts have prepared the solutions in a step by step, straightforward, easy to understand manner.
- Revising the chapter from Instasolv’s RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 5 will enable you a better understanding of the chapter.
- By practising the questions, you will gain the confidence to tackle all sorts of questions in the exam.
- Our RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 5 ‘Arithmetic Progression’ will definitely give a boost to your score in the exams.