RS Aggarwal Class 11 Chapter 15 Solutions (Trigonometric or Circular Functions)
RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15 will explain to you all the elementary functions and identities that help in solving trigonometric equations and problems. The chapter consists of 5 exercises that contain 88 questions in total. The important topics covered in the chapter are angles, trigonometric functions, sum and difference of two angles, trigonometric equations, measurement of an angle and trigonometric ratios of compound angles.
RS Aggarwal Class 11 Chapter 15 – Trigonometric and Circular Functions will help you prepare the concepts for CBSE exams along with entrance tests such as JEE, BITSAT and NEET. We ensure that you get maximum marks in these exams and hence we have designed the best RS Aggarwal Solutions for you. Refer to them anytime and solve your doubts in minutes. If you have more queries related to the chapter, just send us the question and we will provide you with an adequate solution immediately.
Important Points for RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15
- Relations between different sides and angles of a right-angled triangle are called trigonometric ratios or T-ratios.
- The algebraic sum of two or more angles is generally called compound angles and the angles are known as the constituent angles.
- Trigonometric functions are elementary functions, the argument of which is an angle.
- Trigonometric functions describe the relationship between the sides and angles of a right triangle.
- Applications of trigonometric functions are extremely diverse.
- The measure of an angle is the amount of rotation from the initial side to the terminal side.
- The trigonometric functions include the following functions:
For each of these functions, there is an Inverse Trigonometric function
Important Trigonometric Identities
- Cos²x + sin²x = 1
- Sec²x + tan²x = 1
- Cosec²x + cot²x = 1
- cos(2nπ + x) = cosx
- sin(2nπ + x) = sinx
- cos(-x) = cosx
- sin(-x) = -sinx
- Cos(x+y) = cos x cos y – sin x sin y
- Cos(x-y) = cos x cos y + sin x sin y
- Sin(x+y) = sin x cos y + cos x sin y
- Sin(x-y) = sin x cos y – cos x sin y
- Cos 2x = cos²x – sin²x = 2cos²x – 1 = 1 – 2sin²x = 1-tan²x/1-tan²x
- Sin 2x = 2cosx . sinx = 2tanx/1+tan²x
Exercise Discussion of RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15
This exercise 15A has 10 questions in which you have to find the value of all trigonometric functions, the value of the particular trigonometric function, the value of the trigonometric function at a given angle or prove the trigonometric equations.
This exercise 15B has 20 questions in which you have to find the value of trigonometric functions at a given angle by splitting the angle, prove the given trigonometry equations by using identities and find the value of the given trigonometric function using identities.
This exercise 15C has 27 questions in which you have to prove the given trigonometric equations by splitting angles and using properties, express the given trigonometric equations as a result, express the given trigonometric equations as an algebraic sum of sines or cosines and prove the given trigonometric equation using identities and formulas.
This exercise 15D has 21 questions in which you have to find the value of a trigonometric function when the value of another function is given, prove the given trigonometric equation and prove the given trigonometric equations using multiplication and division.
This exercise 15E has 10 questions in which you have to find the value of a trigonometric function when the value of another function is given using identities.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15
Our subject matter experts have designed all the RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15 in a manner that you can easily understand all the concepts of the chapter. If you face an issue in solving any question, you can contact our team at any time as we are available for you round the clock to solve your issues. Instasolv is going to be your best companion when it comes to preparing for CBSE Class 11 Maths exam.