RS Aggarwal Class 11 Chapter 8 Solutions (Permutations)
RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 will guide you on everything associated with Permutations. It is important to understand all the concepts in RS Aggarwal Solutions for class 11 so as to easily pick up the threads in class 12. This chapter covers different topics like factorial notation, the fundamental principle of counting, permutation, solving questions using the formula of permutation, etc.
You are advised to solve all the questions mentioned in the RS Aggarwal Chapter 8 Permutations exercises to score exceptionally well in the CBSE exams. Chapter 8 has around 7 exercises with almost 80 questions in total. These exercises cover different topics of the chapter and ask you basic to difficult situations to test your learning capability. These exercises will help you in mastering the different concepts in a proper way.
RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 by Instasolv will help you solve all the difficult questions in minutes. Our team provides you with the best solutions that make all the concepts of the chapter easy for you. We are sure that with the help of our solutions you will be able to complete the chapter quickly without any external help.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 11 Chapter 8
RS Aggarwal Class 11 Maths Solutions Chapter 8 includes the following concepts:
- You will know about factorial notation?
- The fundamental principle of counting (or the multiplication principle)
- What do you mean by permutation?
- How to solve questions using permutation formula, npr
- Solving permutation questions when objects are repeating
Fundamental Principles of Counting
- Multiplication Principle: If one operation can be performed in m ways, then the second operation can be performed in n ways. Thus, two operations together can be performed in mn ways. This can be easily extended to an infinite number of operations.
- Addition Principle: If the first operation can be performed in m ways and the second one in n ways, then either of the two operations can be performed in +n ways. This can later be extended to any finite number of exclusive events.
- Factorial For any natural number ‘n’, factorial is defined as n! Or n= n(n-1)(n-2) … 3 x 2 x 1 and 0! = 1!= 1.
Each of the different arrangements which can be made by taking some or all of a number of things is called a permutation.
Mathematically, The number of ways of arranging n distinct objects in a row taking r (0 ≤ r ≤ n) at a time is denoted by P (n,r).
Important points on Permutation
- The number of permutations of n different things taken r at a time, allowing repetitions is nr
- The number of permutations of n different things taken all at a time is nPn = n!
- The number of permutations of n things taken all at a time, in which p are alike of one kind, q are alike of the second kind, and r are alike of the third kind and rest are different is n!/(p!q!r!).
- To know the other points of the chapter, you will have to go through the chapter properly.
In circular permutation, you have to fix the position of one of the objects and then you have to arrange the other objects in different possible ways.
- Number of circular permutations at one time is (n-1)!
- A number of circular permutations of n different things taken all at a time when clockwise or anti-clockwise order is not different 1/2 (n-1)!
- You can check the other factors in the chapter.
Exercise Discussion of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8
RS Aggarwal Class 11 Chapter 8 consists of a total of 7 exercises with an approximate of 80 questions.
- Exercise 8A
This set of exercise has around 14 questions in which you have to find the values of x, or you have to prove LHS = RHS in the given situations.
- Exercise 8B
This set of exercises contains 36 questions based on reasoning.
- Exercise 8C
This exercise set has 10 questions in which you are asked to find the number of permutations.
- Exercise 8D
This exercise has a total of 28 questions in which you have to either find the number of permutations or the number of ways in which a situation can easily be set etc.
- Exercise 8E
This exercise set has 20 questions in which you have to find the number of ways or the number of permutations or the exact situation asked in the question. This exercise covers different topics of the chapter.
- Exercise 8F
This exercise has only 7 questions in which you need to identify the number of ways in which an action can be easily done. For example, in how many ways can 4 prizes be given to 3 boys when a boy is eligible for all prizes?
- Exercise 8G
This set of exercises has 6 questions that cover topics like how persons can be arranged in a line or circle, etc.
- Exercise 8H
This exercise contains 16 questions and has a mixture of questions of all the topics. Thus, this is a miscellaneous exercise.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 11 Chapter 8 by Instasolv
This chapter is going to be easy for you only under the guidance of the team Instasolv. RS Aggarwal Solutions provided by our team aim at making all the concepts easy for you so that you can understand them properly. We provide you with solutions to all the questions of the exercises mentioned in the RS Aggarwal book. So now you do not have to look for solutions elsewhere or rush to coaching institutes for the right guidance. A complete help is available at Instasolv.