RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 14 Solutions (Polygons)
‘Polygons’ are created to help you learn about 2-dimensional shapes in geometry. In this chapter, you will study what polygons are. In RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 14, you will learn about different types of polygons like pentagon, hexagon, octagon, along with regular polygons, irregular polygons, interior and exterior angles of polygons, and the sum of diagonal of a polygon.
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 14 ‘Polygons’ includes 2 exercises and 23 questions in total. These exercises will help you understand all the important topics of this chapter and will build a solid foundation of 2-dimensional geometry. This chapter would be very helpful in higher classes where you will learn about visualizing three-dimensional shapes and coordinate geometry.
You can easily find the exercise-wise solutions and discussion of all important topics of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 14 ‘Polygons’ here at Instasolv. Our subject matter experts have created these solutions in simple language and have followed a stepwise procedure in solving every question. Just refer to these solutions and you will have no doubts left in this chapter.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Polygons
- A polygon is a two-dimensional closed shape with more than one edge or sides. It cannot be an open shape or contain any curves.
- For example, a rectangle is a polygon with four sides and an octagon is a polygon with 8 sides. Similarly, a triangle is also a polygon with three sides while a circle cannot be called a polygon.
- You can see that all the polygons are closed figures.
Interior and Exterior Angles of Polygons
- The angles which are inside the polygon are called interior angles while the angles that are outside the polygon are called exterior angles.
- For example, consider the diagram given below and observe the interior angle and exterior angle.
- The sum of the interior angles of a polygon is given by (n−2) × 180°, where ‘n’ sides.
- Also, we can use this formula to find the measure of each interior angle of a regular polygon with ‘n’ sides.
- The measure of each interior angle of a regular polygon = (n−2) × 180°/n.
- In the case of exterior angles of a polygon, their sum is always equal to 360°.
- If we are given the measure of each exterior angle of a polygon as ‘n0’ and we have to find the number of sides of the polygon then we would use the formula 360°/n.
Types of Polygons
- A polygon in which all the internal angles are equal is called a regular polygon while a polygon with different measures of internal angles is called an irregular polygon.
- If all the interior angles of a polygon are less than 180 degrees, then it is called a convex polygon. For example, an equilateral triangle has three 60° interior angles. It is a convex polygon.
- If all the interior angles of a polygon are more than 180 degrees, then it is called a concave polygon.
Diagonals of Polygons
- Diagonals of a polygon are straight lines drawn inside a polygon from one corner to another. For example, a square can have two diagonal lines.
- We can find the number of diagonal lines in any polygon with the formula n(n-3)/2, where ‘n’ is the number of sides of the polygon.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Polygons
- RS Aggarwal Class 12 Maths Chapter 14 exercises contain a variety of questions relating to polygons that would give you a thorough practice of the chapter.
- Exercise 14A has 9 questions based on interior and exterior angles of polygons and diagonals of a polygon.
- There are questions where you are given the names of some regular polygons and you have to find the measure of their exterior angles.
- In certain questions, you are given the number of sides of a polygon and you are to find the sum of all interior angles or exterior angles of that polygon.
- There are also questions where you are given a measure of the exterior angles of a polygon and you have to find the number of sides of that polygon.
- Exercise 14B has 14 questions relating to the sum of interior angles and exterior angles of polygons and diagonals of polygons.
- There are questions in which you have to find the number of diagonals in a hexagon, pentagon, and octagon.
- In a question, you are given the number of diagonals of a polygon from which you have to determine the number of sides of that polygon.
- It also includes questions where you are given the sum of all interior angles of a polygon and you have to find the measure of each interior angle.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Polygons By Instasolv
- Geometry is an important part of the Class 8 Maths syllabus and we have ensured that you get adequate guidance in solving geometry questions.
- Our RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 14 include clear explanations and diagrams that will help you understand the problem-solving method.
- The summary of the topics discussed in this chapter given above would also help you revise the main points of this chapter quickly.
- Access these solutions anytime for free and prepare yourself for your Class 8 Maths exams easily.