RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 15 Solutions (Quadrilaterals)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 15 ‘Quadrilaterals’ will provide correct answers to all the exercise questions. In this chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions, there is only one exercise that has 9 questions. But all these questions will form a solid foundation for geometry topics such as area, constructions, quadrilaterals, and lines and angles.
In this chapter, you will learn what are quadrilaterals and their properties. You will study about the adjacent sides, opposite sides, angles, vertices, and sides of a quadrilateral. The angle sum property is a very important concept of the chapter that will help you in higher classes as well. Practising the exercise questions of the chapter is very important to memorize the formulae and properties discussed in the chapter.
Class 8 Maths subject matter experts here at Instasolv have provided solutions to all the problems of the exercise of this chapter for you. Proper explanations with adequate diagrams will help you gain clarity about the topics. We strictly adhere to the CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus and ensure that all the answers follow its exam pattern.
Important Topic for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Quadrilaterals
- A quadrilateral is a two-dimensional, closed figure that has 4 sides. For example, a rectangle is a quadrilateral. Similarly, a square is also a quadrilateral.
- Every quadrilateral has four sides and four vertices.
- There are four interior angles in a quadrilateral and their sum is always 360°.
Special Types of Quadrilaterals
- Rectangle: It is a quadrilateral with all interior angles equal to 90° each. The opposite sides are always equal in a rectangle.
- Square: It is a quadrilateral with all interior angles equal to 90° each, however, all the four sides of a square are equal.
- Rhombus: A rhombus is a little modification of a square. It has four equal sides but the opposite sides of a rhombus are parallel to each other.
- Parallelogram: A parallelogram is a little modification of a rectangle. All its opposite sides are equal and parallel.
- Trapezium: It is a quadrilateral with any of its two sides parallel to each other.
- Kite: It is a quadrilateral where the adjacent sides are equal to each other.
Properties of a Parallelogram
- The opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal to each other as well as parallel to each other.
- The opposite angles of a parallelogram are equal to each other.
- The two adjacent angles of a parallelogram have a sum of 180°.
- The area of a parallelogram is given by Area = Base x Height.
- The perimeter of a parallelogram is given by Perimeter = 2 (Base + Length of side).
- The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other that is, they divide each other into two equal halves.
- Consider the diagram given below. Here, AE = EC and DE = EB. ∠DAB = ∠BCD and ∠ADC = ∠ABC. Also, ∠ABC + ∠BCD = 180o and ∠ADC +∠DAB = 180°.
Properties of a Rhombus
- Rhombus has all properties of a parallelogram as well as a kite.
- The diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular bisectors. This means they cut each other into equal halves and form 90° angles at the point of intersection.
- Consider the following image. Here, all four sides AB, BC, CD, and DA are equal to each other. Also, AD || CB and CD || AB. Also, ∠CIB = ∠CID = ∠BIA = ∠DIA = 90°.
Diagonals of a Rectangle and a Square
- Diagonals of a Rectangle bisect each other which means they cut each other into two equal parts.
- Consider the image given below. Here, AO=OC and OD=OB.
- Diagonals of a square are perpendicular bisectors of each other which means that they not only divide each other equally but also form a 90° angle at the point of intersection.
- Consider the image given below. Here, AO=OC, BO=OD. Also, ∠COB = ∠COD = ∠BOA = ∠DOA = 90°.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Quadrilaterals
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 15 contains only one exercise with 9 questions. All these questions are important and will give you an idea of what types of questions can be asked in the exams.
- The first and second questions are based on various attributes of quadrilaterals such as vertices, adjacent sides, adjacent angles, opposite sides, and opposite angles.
- The rest of the questions are based on the angle sum property of quadrilaterals. You are given some of the angles of a quadrilateral and you have to find the remaining angles.
- The last question is based on the concept of angle bisectors of a quadrilateral.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Quadrilaterals By Instasolv
- Instasolv’s solutions for RS Aggarwal questions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 15 are easy to understand.
- Appropriate diagrams and explanations are added with each question for your convenience.
- We offer stepwise solutions to every exercise question which are checked by various subject matter experts here.
- Whether you are preparing for CBSE, ICSE, or any other competitive exam, refer to our RS Aggarwal Maths Solutions for Class 8 and find complete guidance.