RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 22 Solutions (Introduction To Coordinate Geometry)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 22 ‘Introduction To Coordinate Geometry’ are provided to solve all your doubts related to this chapter. This chapter introduces you to coordinate geometry concepts of mathematics. You will learn what a cartesian plane is, what are coordinate axes, the coordinates of a point, and ordered pairs and quadrants. You will also learn how to plot graphs.
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 22 ‘Introduction To Coordinate Geometry’ contains two exercises and 19 questions. All these questions will help you understand the basic concepts of the chapter. This topic will form a base for advanced topics like straight lines, angles between two straight lines, vectors, and scalars that you will study in Class 9 and Class 10. Therefore, you must study this chapter in Class 8 carefully.
To make the topics easy to understand for you, our subject matter experts have created stepwise solutions for the exercises. These solutions are also in sync with the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus and hence will help you in exam preparation. We ensure that our solutions will clear all your confusions about the chapter and would be a great time-saving learning material for you.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 22: Introduction To Coordinate Geometry
Plane and Coordinates
- A plane is defined as any flat surface that can grow in two dimensions that are length and width. A plane is two-dimensional. It has no height.
- Now, if we have placed a point on this plane and we want to find the location of that point, we use coordinates.
- A coordinate is the position of a point on a plane from a reference point. For example, consider the image given below. You can see different points names L, K, J being marked on a plane.
- It is a plane that has two axes called the x-axis and the y-axis. The x-axis is the horizontal axis and the y-axis is the vertical axis.
- The measurements are mentioned over the axis that helps in determining the position of different points in the coordinate plane.
- These points are coordinates.
- Consider the image of the coordinate plane given below. Here, you can see that point A is marked on the coordinate plane.
- The location of point A would be given as: it is located at 3 units on the x-axis and 2 units on the y-axis. The coordinates of the point are given by A(the distance on the x-axis, the distance on the y-axis) that is, A(3,2).
- Based on the diagram given above, you can see that the x and y-axis intersect each other and divide the plane into 4 different parts.
- These parts are called quadrants. Each quadrant has associations with different values. Consider the image given below.
- Quadrant I: (+, +) the values of x-axis and y-axis are positive
- Quadrant II: (-, +) the value of x-axis is negative and the value of y-axis is positive
- Quadrant III: (-, -) the values of x-axis and y-axis are negative
- Quadrant IV: (+,-) the value of x-axis is positive and the value of y-axis is negative
Origin, Abscissa and Ordinate
- The intersection of the x and y-axis is called the origin of the plane and is the reference point for measuring the distance of a point on the x-axis and y-axis.
- In the coordinate representation of a point, the x coordinate is known as Abscissa and the y coordinate is known as Ordinate.
- For example, if the location of a point in the plane is A(10,14) then the Abscissa of A is 10, and Ordinate of A is 14.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 22: Introduction To Coordinate Geometry
- In exercise 22A of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 22 ‘Introduction To Coordinate Geometry, there are 13 questions. In some of the questions, you are required to plot the given points on a graph.
- The exercise also includes questions where you have to specify the Abscissa and Ordinate of the given coordinates.
- In some questions, you are asked to plot the points on a graph and hence observe the results. You will find how these points form straight lines and polygons on the graph.
- Exercise 22B has 3 multiple-choice questions, in which you are given the coordinates of a point and you have to identify in which quadrant does the point lie.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 22: Introduction To Coordinate Geometry by Instasolv
- You can build a good foundation of coordinate geometry concepts with the help of our solutions to RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 22 ‘Introduction To Coordinate Geometry’.
- Our subject matter experts have created these solutions with respect to the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus.
- These solutions will help in exam preparation and will provide you with the confidence to solve any kinds of problems related to plotting points on a graph.
- These solutions are a time-saving learning option and are free to access for you.
- You can also find RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapters provided by our subject matter experts.