RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 23 Solutions (Line Graphs And Linear Graphs)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 23 have been compiled in order to enable you to construct as well as read line graphs. This is a vital chapter in statistics that can fetch you full marks in CBSE Class 8 Maths exams. In this chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions, you will learn the procedure of drawing a line graph. You will be amazed to know how you can draw a double line graph for easy statistical comparisons. Reading a line graph and a double line graph are other important topics covered in this chapter.
In Chapter 23 of the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths, there is 1 exercise comprising of 12 questions. The questions will test your knowledge of coordinate geometry along with statistics in depth. You will have a requirement of graph sheets to answer the exercise questions. These exercise questions are also based on diagrams or plotted line graphs where you will get to make comparisons in two parameters. By solving these questions, you will get an idea about the types of questions that can be asked in CBSE exams.
We have prepared solutions for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 23 in simple, easy to understand language. Such an approach will help you grasp the concepts in this chapter easily. All our solutions are 100% accurate and in sync with the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus. Just refer to the solutions and resolve all your doubts about this chapter instantly.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23: Line Graphs and Linear Graphs
Introduction to Graphs
- One can represent data pictorially in the cartesian plane, with the help of the abscissa and ordinates (or coordinates).
- This is done to show relationships between two types of quantities or objects and such a representation is called a Graph.
- There are many types of graphs such as a line graph, linear graph, histogram, pie chart and bar graph.
- RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 23 describes two types of graphs: line graphs and linear graphs.
- The application of each type of graph is different in different situations. For example, when you represent the data on the x-y plane in the form of a straight unbroken line, it is termed as a linear graph.
- When you represent continuously changing data using straight lines or curves, it is known as a line graph.
- In the same way, bar graphs are constructed to make comparisons easier and in pie charts, you represent a part of a given whole.
- A Cartesian Plane is the plane in which two perpendicular axes intersect one another.
- The horizontal axis is called the x-axis and the vertical axis is called the y-axis.
- These axes intersect at a point, which is called the origin and is depicted by O.
- The two axes, x-axis and y-axis are known as the coordinate axes.
- It is crucial to plot a point on the cartesian plane, we locate the x-coordinate at the given distance from y-axis and y-coordinate at a given distance from the x-axis of the point P(x, y).
- These coordinates are known as the abscissa and the ordinate respectively.
- One of the easiest ways of depicting data on graphs is by using a line graph.
- The first step is to learn to plot the points given in the data in a graphical format using their x- and y-coordinates.
- Once you have marked all the points of the given values, draw continuous lines to join them, and construct the final graph.
- A linear graph is when we represent the values in the given data using a distinct single slope.
- A linear graph is a unique type of line graph.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 23: Line Graphs and Linear Graphs
- The exercise of Chapter 23 of RS Aggarwal Class 8 solutions cover diagram-based subjective and objective questions.
- In the first 5 questions, you will be required to draw the line graph for a given set of data.
- There are some questions of double line graphs which will help you in a comparative study of the height of boys and girls in a school.
- The remaining questions in the chapter are based on data interpretation problems. In these questions, you will learn to read the line graphs and double line graphs.
- Solving these questions will help you to understand the core difference between a linear and a line graph.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23: Line Graphs and Linear Graphs by Instasolv
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23 can be accessed easily on this platform to find the answers to all your queries.
- Our team of Maths experts has prepared the solutions in sync with the latest CBSE guidelines for Class 8 Maths exams along with complete accuracy.
- You can use the answers from our platform to study for your exams or to complete your homework as they are precise and on-point.
- Lastly but most importantly, the answers to the exercise questions of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 23 by the experts at Instasolv are completely free of cost.