RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 24 Solutions (Pie Charts)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 24 provide you answers to the exercise questions of Pie Charts. In this chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions, you will learn what are pie charts and how to evaluate the central angle for groups of data to make your pie chart. You will study that a pie chart can only be created once you have the measure of its central angle. This is one of the most scoring topics in CBSE Class 8 exams. It is highly recommended that you practice these questions thoroughly to make the most marks from this chapter.
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 24 has 14 questions categorised in 2 exercises. The questions are arranged in the increasing order of difficulty level. Most of them require you to examine the given data statistically. You will get to solve the questions based on the interpretation of data from a pie chart and interpret the relationship between the central angles of the pie chart and data. This will help you in understanding the applications of pie charts in real life and will also develop a strong base for higher classes.
At Instasolv, you will find answers to all the questions of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 24 exercises in a detailed step by step manner. You will also get guidance about how to correctly approach a question related to pie charts. This will help you manage your time exceptionally well during your exam. You can use these answers to prepare the chapter for your CBSE exams or for doing your homework.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 24: Pie Charts
Introduction to Pie Charts
- The data in a given situation, when represented in the form of a circular graph, with the values, converted into angles using the unitary method, it is known as a pie chart.
- A pie chart is also known as a circle graph.
- The ‘pie’ in the pie chart denotes ‘the whole’ in a given numerical problem whereas the ‘slices’ in the pie given by sectors in the circle represent the data in a quantified way.
- The applications of the pie chart are mainly when we have to evaluate the statistical data in the composition of a whole.
The Formula of a Pie Chart and Steps to Construct a Pie Chart
- The angle subtended by the sectors representing the data in a pie chart add up to a total of 360°.
- The data is represented as a fraction of the total data in 360° according to the following formula:
- Once you have evaluated the angles for each given data, you can now construct the sectors data-wise accordingly.
Uses of Pie Chart
- Pie charts are very useful in depicting the accounts data such as profit and loss, annual turnover, debts and assets in a business.
- They are also used in representing categorical data.
Disadvantages of a Pie Chart
- Pie charts become irrelevant when it comes to depicting large quantities of data.
- It also becomes difficult for the analysis and comparison of data in relatively lesser time using pie charts.
- The interpretation of pie charts becomes complex as the complexity of data increases.
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 24: Pie Charts
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 24 has 14 questions and 2 exercises. Exercise 24A has 10 questions and exercise 24B has only 4 questions.
- In exercise 24A, you are required to construct pie charts from the given data in different questions. Also, there are questions in which you will learn the procedure of inferring data from a pie chart in this exercise.
- In Exercise 24B, you will have to apply the formula for either calculating the central angle of data or evaluating the value of each data using the given central angle of a pie chart.
Benefits of RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 24: Pie Chart by Instasolv
- The solutions for Chapter 24 of Class 8 RS Aggarwal prepared by our experienced maths faculties are meant to help you make the most of your study time by providing instant guidance.
- The maths experts of Instasolv have made sure that you grasp the core concept of the statistical system and pie charts through explanations in simple language.
- Instasolv is a platform that has an objective to provide a hustle-free solution base for you to get your doubts cleared at just one place.
- We provide you with free of cost solutions for all RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths chapters.