RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 3 Solutions (Squares And Square Roots)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ are created by subject matter experts to give you clarity on the exercises of the chapter. In chapter 3 ‘Square and Square Roots’ of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths book, you will learn about perfect squares, how to find perfect squares, largest 2-digit perfect square, largest 3-digit perfect square, finding square roots of a number using the prime factorization and division methods, Pythagorean triples and creating perfect squares by addition and subtraction.
Chapter 3 of Squares and Square Roots contains 8 exercises with 115 questions to practice. Practising all these questions will help you revise the properties of square roots and you will be able to find squares and square roots integers, decimal numbers and fractional numbers easily in minutes. This will immensely help you in your CBSE Maths exam as well.
Our Maths subject matter experts have created stepwise solutions to all these RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 3 questions so that you face no issues in understanding the concepts. Our experts always adhere to the CBSE syllabus and guidelines to ensure that only those methodologies and formulae are introduced to you that are approved by CBSE. Below you will find some important tips related to solving the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 3 exercises.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3: Squares and Square Roots
Squares and Perfect Squares
First, in this chapter, you will learn what squares and perfect squares are. A number ‘a’ that can be represented as a = b2 is called a square number. For example, 4 = 22, 9 = 32, 25 = 52. Here, 4, 9, 25 are called squares or perfect squares as they all are made by multiplying two same numbers. We get 4 by multiplying 2 with 2.
When a number ‘a’ is given as a = b2 then, ‘b’ is known as the square root of ‘a’. For example, 25 = 52, so 5 is the square root of 25. With the help of the exercises given in RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ you will learn the different methods of finding square roots of a number.
Properties of Squares and Square Roots
There are some properties of square roots discussed in the chapter that will help you solve the exercises easily. These properties include:
- Every perfect square ends with numbers 0,1,4,5,6 or 9.
- Squares of even numbers are even and squares of odd numbers are odd. For example, 122 = 144 and 132 = 169.
- The identity: (a + b)2 = (a2 + 2ab + b2) can be used to find the square root of any number.
- We can use the Prime Factorization and Division Methods to find the square root of a number.
- If the sum of two square numbers is another square number then these three numbers are called Pythagorean Triples, that is, w2 + x2 = y2 where ‘w’, ‘x’, ‘y’ are positive integers. For example: 62 + 82 = 102
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3: Squares and Square Roots
- Exercise 3A of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ consists of 6 questions where you have to find if the given numbers are perfect squares or not. You also have to find the largest perfect squares having 2-digits and 3-digits respectively.
- Exercise 3B has 13 questions that include topics like squares of odd numbers and even numbers, expressing a number as a sum of ‘n’ odd numbers and finding squares of a number using the identity (a + b)2 = (a2 + 2ab + b2).
- Exercise 3C has 8 questions in which you have to find the squares by using the column method and the diagonal method.
- In exercise 3D, there are 18 questions in which you have to find square roots of given numbers using the prime factorization method and there are also some word problems included in this exercise.
- Exercise 3E has 19 questions in which you have to evaluate and find square roots of the numbers using division method and solve the word problems.
- Exercise 3F has 12 questions where you have to find square roots of a number up to 2 decimal places.
- Exercise 3G has 10 questions where you have to find square roots of fractions and mixed fractions.
- At last, Exercise 3H has 19 multiple-choice questions based on all the topics discussed in the above exercises. Most of the solutions to this exercise are short answers that you can find out easily if you are well-versed with the concepts of the chapter.
Why Use RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 3: Squares and Square Roots by Instasolv?
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 ‘Squares and Square Roots’ by our subject matter experts will clarify all the basic concepts of this chapter.
- These solutions are a guide that includes answers to all your doubts and questions. You can refer to them as and when required.
- These solutions will make your school exam preparations easier as they are based on the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths syllabus.
- We have also followed the concepts discussed in NCERT Class 8 Maths book for solving the questions of this chapter.