RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 6 Solutions (Operations On Algebraic Expressions)
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 6 ‘Operations On Algebraic Expressions’ are created to help you revise this chapter thoroughly for the Class 8 Maths exam. In this chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide algebraic expressions. You will also learn some very important algebraic identities that will not only help you in Class 8 but will be useful in higher classes as well.
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 has 5 exercises and 95 practice questions. All these questions are designed to ensure that you get a thorough understanding of the concepts of the chapter and prepare well for your exams. The questions are based on the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths curriculum and also include some advanced level problems that will be helpful for preparing for olympiads such as NTSE and IMO.
Our Maths subject matter experts have created the solutions to RS Aggarwal Class 8 Chapter 6 exercises step-by-step to provide you with adequate clarity on the topics. Our experts understand the common issues you might encounter in this chapter and hence have created the solutions accordingly. Our solutions will make it easier for you to solve homework problems related to this chapter as well as exam preparation.
Important Topics for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 6: Operations On Algebraic Expressions
- First, you should know what Algebraic Expressions are. Any mathematical expression that contains constants, variables, and operators is known as an algebraic expression. For example, 2ab + 3c + 4a2 is an algebraic expression with 2,3,4 as constants and a,b,c as variables.
- Then, ‘Terms’ of an algebraic expression are separated by operators. For example, 2x + 3y is an algebraic expression with 2 terms: 2x and 3y.
- Every term is made up of some factors. For example, 2x is a term that is made of two factors: 2 and x.
- Every term has a coefficient which is the constant value along with the variable. For example, 2ab is a term in which 2 is a coefficient.
- If the variables of any two terms are the same then, they are called like terms. For example, 2a and 4a; 7x2 and 8x2 are like terms.
- If the variables of any two terms are different then, they are called unlike terms. For example, 2a and 4c; 7a2 and 8x2 are unlike terms.
Monomials, Binomials, Trinomials, and Polynomials
- A monomial is an algebraic expression with only one term. For example, 5a, 2x2, 78y3 are monomials.
- A binomial is an algebraic expression with only two terms. For example, x+y, x2-3y, 10+3a are binomials.
- A trinomial is an algebraic expression that has three terms. For example, a+b+c, 3a2+2c+3x are trinomials.
- A polynomial is an algebraic expression that has one or more terms in it and all the coefficients are non-zero. For example, 45, 5a, x2+y3, a+3b+89 all are polynomials.
Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
Only like terms can be added or subtracted. The unlike terms are kept as it is. For like terms, we will add or subtract the coefficients of the terms and get the answer.
For example, if you have to add 3a + 2b and 4a + 6d then,
3a + 2b
+ a + 6d
7a + 2b + 6d
Similarly, if you want to subtract 15b2 – 9c from 10a + 3b2 then,
10a + 3b2
– 15b2 – 9c
10a – 12b2 + 9c
Some Common Algebraic Identities
- (m +n)2 = (m2 + 2mn + n2)
- (m – n)2 = (m2 – 2mn + n2)
- (m + n) (m – n) = (m2 – n2)
- (m+a) (m+b) = m2 + (a+b)m + ab
- (m – a) (m – b) = m2 + (a – b)m + ab
Exercise Discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 6: Operations On Algebraic Expressions
- Exercise 6A of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 has 20 questions on the addition and subtraction of polynomials.
- Exercise 6B has 26 questions on the product of polynomials.
- Exercise 6C has 15 questions where you have to find the remainder and quotient after dividing the given polynomials.
- Exercise 6D has 15 questions where you have to evaluate the given algebraic expressions, expand the given algebraic expressions, and use the formula for squaring a binomial and evaluate the given algebraic expressions.
- Exercise 6E has 19 questions that are based on algebraic identities. Some of the questions are very easy in this exercise where you have to find the product of algebraic expressions.
Why Use RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8th Maths Chapter 6: Operations On Algebraic Expressions by Instasolv?
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 provided by our elite Maths subject matter experts is the best way to practice this chapter.
- You will not only get stepwise solutions for all the exercises of the chapter but, you will also be able to revise the important algebraic identities and operations.
- All these solutions are completely free of cost for you and you can access them any time as per your study routine.
- We adhere to the latest CBSE guidelines and ensure that all the solutions of this chapter are based on them. This will certainly help you with exam preparation.