RS Aggarwal Class 9 Chapter 14 Solutions (Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals)
RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14 is the ultimate practice book that you should refer once you have completed the NCERT textbook. To hone up your skills, you need to practice a lot of questions. This chapter of RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions consists of different concepts related to the areas of triangles and quadrilaterals, for instance, parallelograms on the same base and between same parallels, triangles between the same base and same parallels.
Chapter 14 Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals comprises various concepts related to the area of parallelograms and triangles. It will help you to calculate the area when a figure is given with specific conditions. You will be introduced to various figures that lie on the same base and between the same parallels. The RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14 consists of just 1 exercise. The questions are based on finding areas of different parallelograms and triangles.
You can score good marks in Mathematics only by practising the sums again and again. Your expertise depends on the number of sums you have solved. Hence you need a practice book like RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14. Our experts know that sometimes the problems in R S Aggarwal can be quite overwhelming. You may face a number of difficulties in solving all those questions by yourself. So Instasolv’s RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14 can be of extreme help to you. Our experts have prepared the solutions in an easy and step by step manner. You can rely on this amazing book for a complete understanding of Chapter 14.
Important topics for RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals
- 2 congruent figures may have equal areas but vice versa is not true.
- When two figures have a common base, and the vertices, opposite to the common base of each figure lie on a line parallel to the bae, then the figures are said to be lying on the same base and between the same parallels.
- Parallelograms lying on the same base and between the same parallels have equal area.
- Area of parallelogram = base x altitude
- When a triangle and a parallelogram are on the same base and between the same parallels, then the area of the triangle is half the area of the parallelogram.
- Triangles which lie on the same base and between parallel parallels have equal area.
- Medians always divide a triangle into two triangles having equal areas.
- Triangles that have equal areas and lying on the same base, lie between the parallels.
- Area of triangle = ½ x base x altitude
Exercise discussion for RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 14 Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals in R S Aggarwal has just one exercise.
- The exercise is based on the area of triangles and parallelograms.
- There are in total of 60 questions in the exercise.
- The first 44 questions are general ones, while the last 16 questions are multiple-choice questions or MCQs.
- The 1st question requires you to find the area of a triangle whose height and base measurements are given.
- The 2nd question needs you to find the base and height of the triangle.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th questions ask you to find the area of the triangle when the measurement of the three sides are given. You can solve these questions using Heron’s formula.
- 6th and 7th questions are based on finding the area too. But this time, you have been provided with details like the ratio of sides, or ratio of perimeters.
- The 8th question needs you to find the area as well as the length of the perpendicular.
- 9th, 10th and 11th questions are based on area, sides and perimeters of the isosceles triangle.
- The 12th question requires you to find the area of a triangle when the perimeter and other details related to sides are given.
- The 13th question is about finding the cost of renting a triangular sidewall of the flyover.
- 14th to 18th questions are based on finding the area, perimeter and sides of isosceles and equilateral triangle.
- Question 19 and 20 are based on finding area and other dimensions of right-angled triangles.
- 21 to 24 questions are based on finding the areas of quadrilaterals that have been divided into two triangles.
- 25th to 27th questions are based on finding areas of parallelograms. These too have been divided into triangles.
- The 28th question is about finding the measurement of parallel sides of a trapezium if its area and height is given.
- 29th and 30th questions are diagram based questions where the concept of figures between the same base and same parallels is being used.
- 31st question is a word-based question where you need to find the largest area where the house can be constructed on a rectangular plot of land.
- The 32nd question is about finding the area of a rhombus.
- The 33rd question is related to the semi perimeter and area of the triangle.
- 34 to 36 questions are diagram based questions where you will get to see multiple triangles attached to form a figure. You need to find the area of these figures using the basic concepts of areas of triangles.
- The 37th question is about finding the area of a rectangular lawn.
- 38 to 40 questions are based on finding the area and other dimensions of the trapezium.
- 41 and 42 questions require you to find the altitude or base of the parallelogram when the dimensions of parallelogram, rhombus or square are given.
- 43rd and 44th questions are about the area and dimensions of the rhombus.
- The MCQs test your in-depth knowledge about the chapter. You are given four options. Using the basic concepts, you have to choose the one correct option.
Benefits of using RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14: Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals
- RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 14 Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals prepared by Instasolv is an amazing practice book that will prepare you with every type of tricky and difficult questions.
- The solutions have been prepared by our experts as per the guidelines provided by the CBSE.
- Our experts are well versed with the issues you face while solving the problems in R S Aggarwal. The solutions have been made in a comprehensible and straightforward manner.
- Practising the sums from RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 14 Areas of Triangles and Quadrilaterals will definitely provide you an edge over others.