S.S. Krotov Electricity and Magnetism Solutions (Chapter 3)
SS Krotov Science for Everyone Problems in Physics Solutions for Chapter 3 ‘Electricity and Magnetism’ will help you prepare for your IIT JEE and NEET exams thoroughly. These solutions are prepared by qualified subject matter experts of Instasolv and are a complete collection of physics aptitude problems on electric fields, electric current, magnetic fields, and their properties. Our SS Krotov Physics Solutions have covered all the problems from the theoretical part of the chapter. You can use it as an extra source to practice the problems to excel in competitive exams.
SS Krotov Physics Solutions for Electricity and Magnetism includes 62 exercise questions in total. Electricity and Magnetism is one of the toughest chapters in terms of understanding the concepts and difficulty level of problems in Physics for IIT JEE. The types of questions covered in this book are practical and application-based. This includes topics like Coulomb’s law, Gauss law, the flux of electric field, heating effect of current, Biot Savart’s law, and moving coil galvanometer, voltmeter, ammeter, and their conversions. 5 to 7 questions asked are based on ‘Electricity and Magnetism’ topic in JEE for Physics exams.
SS Krotov Physics Solutions for Electricity and Magnetism will help you in practising problems by providing you with a thorough knowledge of the basic laws and concepts of Physics. The academic experts at Instasolv have created the best and well-designed solutions for all complex problems of the chapter. Instasolv’s solutions to SS Krotov book help in improving your problem-solving skills and confidence to appear for exams like JEE and NEET.
Important topics for SS Krotov Science for Everyone – Problems in Physics Solutions Chapter 3: Electricity and Magnetism
Coulomb’s Law: The Coulomb’s law states that if two electrically charged bodies are kept next to each other then there would be either force of attraction or repulsion between them. It is also known as Coulomb’s inverse square law. The formula for Coulomb’s law is
- When the electric force of charges is at rest, they have the following properties as per Coulomb’s law:
- Like charges repel to each other, that means two positive or negative charges will repel one another. Unlike/ opposite charges attract each other which means when a negative and positive charge is kept together they will attract towards each other.
- The force of attraction or repulsion is directed along the line between the two particles.
- The size of the force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. That means if the distances between the two charges increase then the force between them decreases.
- The force of magnitude is directly proportional to the magnitude of the charges.
- The total force on one charge is equal to the sum of all the independent forces on each charge.
The Flux of the Electric Field: It is defined as the flow of the electric field lines passing through a given area in unit time. Volt-meters is the SI unit of electric flux. The figure below describes the behaviour of flux:
- Gauss Law: Gauss’s law states that the total flux of an electric field through a closed surface is directly proportional to the enclosed electric charge. It can also be stated as the total flux of an electric field divided by the enclosed charge is equivalent to a constant.
- Heating Effect of Current: The heat energy is produced in the conductor when current flows through a conductor this phenomenon is called the heating effect of current. It depends on three factors they are:
- The resistance, R is directly proportional to the heat generated which means higher the resistance of a conductor more is the heat generated.
- The time (t) is also directly proportional to the heat generated.
- The current I is also directly proportional to the heat generated, which means the higher the amount of current flow through the conductor a large amount of heat is generated.
Hence the formula for the heating effect (H) is given as H = I2Rt. This equation is also known as Joule’s equation of electric heating.
- Biot Savart’s Law: The equation used to find the magnetic produced by the current is known as Biot Savart’s law. It is related to the magnetic field generated by a constant electric current.
- Ampere’s Law: It relates to the total magnetic field around a closed loop to the electric current passing through the loop. It was discovered by André-Marie Ampère in 1826. To apply Ampere’s law all the currents have to be constant; that current should not change with time.
- Moving Coil Galvanometer Principle: This principle states that when we place a current-carrying coil in an external magnetic field, then it experiences a magnetic torque. The angle of deflection due to the effect of the magnetic torque is directly proportional to the current (I) in the coil.
Exercise Discussion for SS Krotov Science for Everyone – Problems in Physics Solutions Chapter 3: Electricity and Magnetism
- SS Krotov Physics solutions Electricity and Magnetism covers 62 questions in total.
- There are questions related to determining the minimum electric field strength, the charge (q), the potential and the change in the frequency of harmonic vibration of the system.
- In some questions, you have to find the change in voltage and the current flowing in a system while in other questions you are to find the unknown resistance of a circuit and the voltage across the capacitor.
- There are also plotting the graph questions for the dependence of voltage. The questions are provided of various difficulty levels to ensure that you have a thorough preparation for your exams.
Why Use SS Krotov Science for Everyone – Problems in Physics Solutions Chapter 3: Electricity and Magnetism by Instasolv?
- SS Krotov Science for Everyone Problems in Physics Solutions for Electricity and Magnetism by Instasolv’s are easy to access and free of cost for everyone who is aspiring to give IIT JEE and NEET.
- Our SS Krotov solutions guide you on how to simplify and solve the problem efficiently by applying a strategy to a complex problem.
- Our exercise-wise solutions for SS Krotov book would help you to understand the basic laws and concepts related to electricity and magnetism thoroughly.
- Our solutions use a time-saving approach to solve the problems, which plays a vital role in the IIT JEE exams.