Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Chapter 15 Solutions: Probability
Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 15 ‘Probability’ have been compiled in order to help you solve all your doubts related to the chapter. Probability is an interesting chapter of Xam Idea solutions with new concepts and practical examples. It also puts to use very easy formulae that are scored in general in the CBSE pattern school exams. Therefore this is an important chapter if you are appearing in Class 9 exams to score full marks from this part of the syllabus.
There are a total of 53 questions in this chapter divided into 6 exercises. These questions are categorized in such a manner that all the sections of the question paper in your school exams are covered thoroughly such as very short and short answer type questions, long answer type questions. The exercises, Higher-order thinking skills (HOTS) and the value-based questions will help you gain complete conceptual clarity in a question-answer format if you solve these exercises extensively using the Instasolv platform as a source of reference. These questions and answers comply with the latest exam patterns of the board and are also recommended by toppers who had a good experience at Instasolv.
Instasolv is committed to providing a trouble-free extensive Xam Idea Class 10 maths solution resource material to sort out all your doubts relating to the chapters. The solutions to this exercise will uncomplicate the most complex topics in probability. You can substantially increase your score in your report card by practising from these detailed sets of Xam Idea solutions. The additional perk to using our Xam Idea solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 15 Probability would be that you can get the answers to all your doubts sitting in your comfort zone.
Important Topics for Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Probability
- The development of the concepts of Probability is credited independently to many mathematicians in the 17th century such as Blaise Pascal, Pierre de Fermat, etc.
- The concepts of Probability are employed to learn the chances and certainty of the occurrence of a particular outcome in a given experiment.
- Trials: When we get one or more than one outcome in the experiment under observation or a given event, it is termed as a trial.
- Event: If we arrange the collection of the outcomes in an experiment, this collection is termed as an Event.
- We will learn about experimental and theoretical probability and the formulae for the same in this chapter.
- The concept of the experimental probability also termed as the empirical probability is based on the outcomes of our trials.
- If ‘n’ denotes the total number of trials for a given Event E, then the probability is given as,
- Whereas the theoretical or classical probability can be for the event E, denoted as P(E) is given by the mathematical formula,
- with the assumption that the outcomes in the given experiment are equally likely.
- The range of the probability of the occurrence of an event lies between 1 and 0 inclusive of the two numbers. When the probability is evaluated to be 0, then it refers to the fact that the event has no chance of occurrence while when, for a given event, the probability is evaluated to be equal to 1, it means that the occurrence of the event is 100% certain.
- The theory of probability can be employed in real-life problems for better decision making.
- Some common examples that use the concepts of probability comprehensively are described in this chapter. For example, if we toss a coin 10 times and note down our observations to obtain the fraction of the number of times heads and tails came up with respect to the total number of times the coin was tossed. We will come to the conclusion that the results will nearly be equal to 0.5 portraying the probability of these events as 0.5.
- We can repeat the above activity by tossing the coin more than 10 times and noting the observations for the results of the probability of occurrence of heads or tails.
- Similarly, we can also obtain the probability of occurrence of events in the case of throwing a die by finding the fraction of the number of times a number (printed on the die- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) would have occurred and the total number of times the die is rolled.
- The result will be nearly equivalent to ⅙ in these cases which is the probability that a desired number on the die might occur.
Exercise Discussion of Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Probability
Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of 13 questions that will require minimalist answers. These questions are completely based on the formulae for the evaluation of the probability of occurrence of given events. To aid clarity in understanding the demand of the question, the sample space in each question is discussed thoroughly. Some questions covered in this exercise include tricky questions that can fetch you full marks.
Short Answer Type Questions
There are 2 exercises in this section namely I and II of 2 and 3 marker questions respectively. The questions in this section are word problems based on equally likely events. In some problems, you will be required to display a strong knowledge base in all the topics of this chapter.
Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of complex problems in which you will get to evaluate the area and volume of shaded regions in given diagrams. To solve these questions, you will be required in-depth knowledge of the concepts of statistics and graphical questions.
High Order Thinking Skills
In this exercise, there are advanced level questions that will help you build a strong foundational base with respect to the sample space of the events that occur and their interpretation. You will be required to find the probability for events like the number of the employed population, etc, as well.
The questions in this chapter are based on situational word problems such as the drawing of balls, equally likely events, drawing cards from a deck of cards, or rolling two dice at once, etc.
Why Use Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 15: Probability by Instasolv?
- Understanding lengthy topics of probability such as subtle concepts of equally likely events, etc, in a short yet detailed manner have been made possible by our meticulous mentoring team.
- If you are looking for alternative study materials and platforms, we serve the best Xam Idea Class 10 Maths Solutions online.
- The chapter summary and solutions by the subject matter experts of Instasolv will make this topic an interesting one in comparison to your textbook thus widening your range of knowledge and making you well prepared for any type of question in the exam.
- We maintain accuracy and precision in these solutions besides strictly adhering to the guidelines provided by CBSE
- Using simple language is our trick to make the solutions inclusive and interactive for you.
- Instasolv aims to provide a one-stop solution for all your queries and hence, our student-friendly platform is to complement these objectives.
- This set of solutions by Instasolv are easily accessible and absolutely free of cost.