Xam Idea Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Solutions: Management Of Natural Resources
Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 16 – Management of Resources will help you in scoring good marks in your board exams. These solutions are specially designed to solve all your doubts related to the management of natural resources quickly. They follow the latest CBSE Class 10 exam pattern and syllabus. With the help of these Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 16 – Management of Resources, you will learn the types of resources are there in this world and how to manage them. All the topics are clearly explained in our solutions so that you can understand every part of the chapter.
Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 16 – Management of Resources provide you with all important questions for board exams. The exercises of the chapter are divided into 6 different sections. Each section helps you to cover up your different portions of the chapter like very short answer type questions help you to cover up with your definition portion and the short answer type questions help you to cover up with your differentiation and reasoning portion. There are also long answer questions that help you prepare for conceptual based questions for exams. The exercises also include value-based and higher-order thinking questions for olympiads and competitions.
Instasolv plays the role of a guide for you that will help you to find the best and easy Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 16 – Management of Resources. All the solutions are created by the experts and the experts try their best to provide you with the easiest and the best solutions for each exercise question. Instasolv provides you with the solutions that will make your all doubts clear and you do not need to look for any other solutions.
Important Topics for Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 16 – Management of Resources
- Management of natural resources is required for the conservation of natural resources.
- There are national and worldwide laws and acts to ensure the earth.
- Ganga Action Plan: In 1985 Multi Crore Project came to improve the quality of Ganga.
- National Award for Natural Life Preservation: In the memory of Amrita Devi Bishnoi who lost her life in the assurance of khejri trees in Rajasthan along with 363 others this award is established.
- Chipko Andolan: Movement started in Garhwal in the mid-1970s that was the aftereffect of a grassroots level exertion to end the estrangement of individuals from their backwoods.
- Insurance of Sal timberland in West Bengal in 1972.
- The board of Natural Resources is important so that these may keep going for the ages to come and are not misused for momentary increases.
- Likewise, observe the harm they cause to the earth when they are utilized or blended.
- Timberland and Untamed Life Protection: Forests are biodiversity hotspots Biodiversity of a region is the number of types of various living things like microscopic organisms, parasites, driving plants creepy crawlies, fowls and so on.
- Hotspot means an area full of biological diversity.
- Loss of assorted variety may prompt lost biological soundness/environmental irregularity.
- Stakeholders: A person having interest or concern for something called as stakeholder.
- Reasonable Administration: Management of backwoods assets Wisely to make it accessible for people in the future.
Water as a Resource
- Water is a fundamental need for every single earthly type of life.
- Areas of water shortage are firmly related to the locales of intense destitution.
- Inability to support water accessibility has brought about a loss of vegetation spread, preoccupation for high water requesting yields and contamination from ventures and urban squander and less downpour.
- Water system strategies like dams, tanks and coals have been utilized in different parts of India.
- Ensures satisfactory water for the water system.
- Generate electricity.
- Continuous supply of water in regions.
Disadvantages of Dams
- No equitable distribution of water.
- A large number of people displaced without compensation.
- Involves huge amounts of Public money without giving proper benefits.
- Causes deforestation and loss of biological diversity.
The aim of water harvesting is to create essential assets of land and water and to deliver optional assets of plants and creatures for use in a way which won’t cause ecological imbalance.
Advantages of Khadin System
- Water doesn’t evaporate.
- Recharge wells and moisture for vegetation.
- Does not provide a breeding ground for mosquitos.
- Groundwater is protected from human and animal wastes.
Coal and Petroleum
- Generally called fossil fuel.
- Formed from the disintegration of biomass millions of years ago.
- They will get depleted later on regardless of how cautiously we use them.
- The oil will last us for around 40 years and the coal assets will keep going for another 200 years.
- These contain hydrogen, nitrogen and sulphur.
- We can use fossil fuel judiciously by utilizing open vehicles rather than a private one, by utilizing C.F.L. tubes, by utilizing steps rather than lift, by sparing power however much as could reasonably be expected.
How to Manage Natural Resources
- By using three R’s: Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
Reduce: We have to reduce the use of natural resources as much as we can
Recycle Recycling of different natural resources like paper, iron, etc. play a big role in managing natural resources.
Reuse: we have to prefer resources that can be reused multiple times. Like we cannot recycle petrol but we can use air for multiple times, so it is very good to use a cycle in place of motor vehicles.
- By using alternative sources of energy like we can use solar energy in place of LPG gas for cooking and we can also use solar energy for generating solar energy.
- By stopping wasting water: we have saved water so that we can manage the water level for the future generation.
- By stopping cutting trees: cutting trees for our different needs can affect our future. So we have to stop cutting the trees and start planting them so that we can manage the environmental balance of trees.
- Making people aware on how to save resources: you only cannot manage the resources, it will need all the peoples to take some steps to save resources for the future so that their young generation also use them. And for this, we have to aware parents, friends and relatives to save resources and also tell them to help you in spreading awareness in saving resources for the future.
Exercise Discussion for Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 16 – Management of Resources
Very Short Answer Type Questions
In this section, you will have to answer 11 questions each of 1 mark. This section will build a strong foundation for this chapter. So when you are giving an exam the basics are on your fingertips. Define biodiversity, why maintaining biodiversity is important, what biodiversity hotspots are, etc are the examples of the question that are there to make your base clear.
Short Answer Type Question- I
In this section, you have to answer 22 questions and each contains 2 marks. This section will provide you with the questions that check your reasoning, differentiation, advantages and disadvantages of the different resources. Write two advantages of sustainable management of natural resources, mention two ways in which water harvesting can be undertaken, what measures you take to conserve electricity in your house are the examples of the questions that are there in this section
Short Answer Type Question- II
In this section, you will find 20 questions each of 3 marks. List any four advantages of water harvesting, list four stakeholders which may be helpful in the conversation of forests, suggest a few measures for controlling carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are the examples of the questions that are found in this section.
Long Answer Type Question
In this section, you will find 4 questions and each question in this section contains 5 marks. Suggest few useful ways of utilising wastewater, What is the importance of the forest as a resource, Explain some harmful effects of agriculture practices on the environment, etc are some examples of the question that you will find in this section.
Higher-Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
In this section, you will find 7 questions and each question in this section is designed to check your extra knowledge on the basis of the chapter. The reasons behind the chipko movement, why are local needs and local knowledge of forest dwellers important for maintaining forests are the examples of the questions that you will find in this section.
In this section, you will find 4 questions and each question is specially designed to check your values on the basis of the chapter.
Why Use Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 16 – Management of Resources
- Instasolv helps you to find all the solutions to the questions that are there in Xam Idea Solutions Class 10 Science book.
- The Xam Idea Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 16 – Management of Resources are specially made to make you all ready for CBSE exams.
- Instasolv builds a platform that will help to find all the important solutions for Xam Idea Class 10 Science Chapter 16 – Management of Resources quickly so that you will be able to study without wasting much time searching for an answer.