Xam Idea Class 9 Science Chapter 7 Solutions: Diversity In Living Organisms
Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms has been formulated to include all the important like species, taxons, classification and structure of different organisms. The chapter of Xam Idea Solutions deals with the basics of features of an organism like their habitat, nutrition, structure and ways of reproduction. You will also get to learn the scientific nomenclature of different organisms from the animal kingdom. The chapter contains extensive theory-based explanations and solved examples in order to help you in strengthening the concepts and fundamentals that you will pick from the chapter.
In Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms There are six exercises, namely – very short answer type questions, short answer type questions, long answer type questions, higher-order thinking skills and value-based questions. These exercises contain questions which deal with all the diverse topics that have been dealt with in the chapter and a wide range of all possible kinds of questions which can be framed from them.
Instasolv’s solutions for Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms have been organized to ensure that you are not stuck in the chaos of looking for numerous resources and get a simple compiled study material for solving your doubts. We aim at ensuring that all your problems are solved at a single platform. With the direction of our dedicated team and your rigorous hard work, nothing can stop you from scoring well in your exams and enhancing your skills to face competitive exams and achieve all your goals.
Important Topics for Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms
In this chapter, you will learn about the different categories in which animal and plants are divided. In the course of learning about this category, you will encounter the term ‘species’ which denotes a group of organisms which are dynamic in nature and resemble each other with respect to their essential aspects like structure, function, reproduction and nutrition.
In this chapter you will learn about different categories of plants and Phanerogams are amongst one such category. These are the most advanced category of plants which bear seeds. They have roots, stems, flowers and leaves. Angiosperms and gymnosperms are included in this category of plants.
These are a category of organisms which are the smallest and simplest of their kind. They come under the category of prokaryotes and they possess a nucleoid. The mode of nutrition they follow is heterotrophic and their bodies are capable of changing their forms with ease.
Exercise wise discussions of Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms
Very Short Answer Type Questions
- This exercise comprises of forty-three questions in total
- All the questions included in this exercise have one word or one sentenced answers.
- The exercise begins with a question where you need to give the definition of primitive organisms.
- There are questions which deal with taxonomy, biological classification, binomial nomenclature, genus and evolution.
- Question nine requires you to name the group of organisms which do not have a defined nucleus or organelles.
- Question ten inquires about the largest animal on the planet.
- In question thirteen you are required to give three aspects of systematics.
- The exercise also has questions which talk of corals, Flagella, sessile animals, solitary coelenterates, xylem and coelenterates.
- Question twenty-three requires you to name the reproductive organ of Gymnosperms.
- Question twenty-four requires you to name free and parasitic flatworms.
- In question twenty-five, you need to define hermaphrodites.
- There are questions about the primitive nervous system, metameric segmentation, haemocoel, haemocoelomate, cnidoblasts and nematodes.
- In question thirty-six you are required to name parasitic annelids.
- Question thirty-seven requires you to give the definition of polymorphism.
- There are questions which require you to give examples of phyla with open circulation and examples of phyla with radial symmetry.
- The last question from this exercise requires you to give the definition of characteristics.
Short Answer Type Questions
- This exercise has a total of sixteen questions
- The first question requires you to explain why the method of classification of animals proposed by Aristotle was not accepted.
- In the second question, you are required to describe the hierarchical system of classification that is followed currently
- The third question requires you to give the definition of phanerogams and the next question requires you to explain what is meant by mycoplasma.
- The fifth question requires you to distinguish between the features of a monocot and a dicot.
- The sixth question requires you to explain what is meant by lichens
- In the seventh question, you need to give an account of the reasons on which the plant kingdom is classified.
- Question eight requires you to explain why the bryophytes are called amphibians of the plant kingdom
- In question nine you need to explain what amphibians are, and in question ten you need to explain what is meant by reptiles.
- Question eleven requires you to describe what a notochord is and give its functions.
- In question thirteen you need to give reasons why mosses are found in humid and moist areas.
- Question fourteen inquires what is meant by binomial nomenclature
- In question fifteen you are provided with three different living entities and you need to pick which one of them is the most complex and give reasons for your answer.
- In question sixteen you are required to classify the set of given fishes as either cartilaginous or bony.
Short Answer Type Questions
- This exercise has twenty-one questions in total.
- The first question of the exercises asks what is meant by species along with its main features.
- The second question has three different statements which revolve around the structure and functioning of different living organisms and you are required to analyse them and give reasons for each statement.
- The third question requires you to differentiate between species and taxon.
- In the fourth question, you need to give the general characters of animal kingdom
- The fifth question requires you to enlist the main features of organisms which are placed under Protista.
- There are questions similar to the previous category where you are required to give the main features of kingdom fungi, kingdom Plantae, kingdom algae, Pteridophyta and Mammalia.
- Question thirteen is a reasoning based question discussing the inclusion of blue and green algae under the group monera instead of Plantae.
- In question fifteen you have to state the difference between bilateral and radial symmetry.
- There are questions related to spirogyra, coelom, classification of organisms and their characteristics.
- The last question requires you to list out common features in cat, rat and bat.
Long Answer Type Questions
- This exercise has a total of seventeen questions
- The first question of the exercise requires us to describe three main characteristics which are used for hierarchical classification
- The second question requires you to give the min features of phylum Porifera
- Then there are questions which discuss the characteristics of coelenterates, amphibians, Pisces, phylum Platyhelminthes, aschelminthes, Annelida, arthropods, phylum Mollusca and vertebrates.
- Question eleven requires you to differentiate between non-chordates and chordates.
- In question thirteen you are required to discuss the reasons for the nomenclature of organisms mentioned in the question and their diagrams.
- Question fourteen again discusses characteristics; you need to list the features of Pisces.
- In question fifteen you are required to differentiate between a flying lizard and a bird. You also need to accompany your answer with suitable diagrams.
- Question sixteen has five classes of vertebrates and you need to arrange them on the basis of their characters.
- The last question requires you to explain how the phanerogams are classified.
Why Use Xam Idea Science Class 9 Solutions Chapter 6 – Tissues
- Our subject specialists have ensured that all Xam Idea Science Class 9 Solutions for Chapter 6 – Tissues are in a step by step detailed manner and an easy language.
- All our answers are provided according to the latest guidelines of CBSE and NCERT.
- We have ensured that each and every question from the chapter has been entertained and resolved.
- Experienced and accomplished individuals have formulated our solutions for the Xam Idea Science Class 9 Chapter 6 – Tissues.
- The most noteworthy thing about our Xam Idea Science Class 9 Solutions Chapter 6 – Tissues is that it is completely free of cost and absolutely easy to access.